Artist of the Week: Susan Boyle
British singer Susan Boyle is ruling not only the albums chart in her country but also reigning Billboard Hot 200 in the United States. For two weeks in a row, her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" becomes the champion of the two charts, blocking the likes of Adam Lambert and Rihanna from the hot spot.
The studio project sold more than 410,000 copies across U.K. in its first week since being released on November 23, making it the fastest-selling album this year and becoming the largest first-week sales for a debut album in the chart history. In its second week, the number passed 700,000 units.
As for the album's sale in U.S., "I Dreamed a Dream" debuted with 701,000 copies, becoming the best-opening week for any album in the country and the best sale frame on the chart since AC/DC's "Black Ice" debuted with 784,000 in October 2008.
Also, Susan is named female solo artist with the highest sale debut, topping over the previous record which was held by Ashanti. An impressive number of around 527,000 copies was added in its second week on sale, making it the highest second week sales of the year.
Used to be reluctant to follow her dream, Susan has repeatedly told people to be brave of taking any chances. Most recently, she told People, "To anyone who has a dream I say follow that dream. You are never too old. It is never too late. And dreams can become a reality."
Her music journey is narrated as a gift of inspiration on TV Guide Monday, December 13 at 8/7c through a special dubbed "I Dreamed a Dream: The Susan Boyle Story". Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan, two of the three judges from "Britain's Got Talent" will serve as producer and host respectively.
The show will take viewers back to Susan's small rural hometown of Blackburn, Scotland. In addition to offering interview segment with the singer, it will also feature footage of her early days performing for local church and her remarkable rise to fame.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'