Natalie Portman to Be Zombie Slayer in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
A female zombie hunter is the next character that will be explored by Natalie Portman. According to Variety, the "Cold Mountain" beauty is set to star in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", a movie adaptation of bestselling book written by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen.
The book itself is based on Austen's classic novel, "Pride and Prejudice", but set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside. In the film, Portman will play feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet, who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Beside joining the film as the cast member, Natalie will also serve as producer alongside Annette Savitch and Darko Films' Richard Kelly, Sean McKittrick and Ted Hamm. Speaking of his and Natalie's upcoming project, Savitch said, "Natalie and I are longtime passionate fans of Jane Austen's books and this a fresh, fun and thought-provoking way to approach her work. The idea of zombies running rampant in 19th Century England may sound odd, but it lends a modern sense of urgency to a well known love story."
Natalie Portman is widely known for her role as Padme Amidala in "Star Wars" trilogy. She was once nominated for Best Supporting Actress at Golden Globe Awards for her appearance as Ann August in "Closer". The 28-year-old is currently shooting "Black Swan", in which she takes the leading role as Nina, while her latest film, "Brothers", has hit U.S. theaters on December 4.
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London