Danny Cahill Crowned This Year's 'Biggest Loser'
The eighth season of "The Biggest Loser" has come to its finale on December 8. With a stunning lose of 239 pounds or about 55% of his body weight, Danny Cahill won the competition and took home the $250,000 prize.
"I feel like a million bucks," Danny said. "I got my life back." Originally weighed 430 pounds, he beat fellow contestants Rudy Pauls who also looks lean after successfully losing 208 pounds or about 53% of his body weight, and Amanda Arlauskas who advanced to the finale after getting the most votes from viewers.
Among the eliminated contestants, meanwhile, Rebecca Meyer won over the others, being handed with $100,000 prize as at-home winner. She started at 279 and has been down to 139 pounds at the end of the show.
Moreover, Shauntina "Shay" Sorrells, who arrived at the ranch at 476 pounds, more than any other contestants, and then lost 172 pounds, has been offered $1,000 by the show's sponsor Subway for every pound she loses between now and the season 9 finale in May next year.
Along with the winners announcement came a surprise. Antoine Dove got down on one knee and proposed to fellow contestant Alexandra White. "I love you with all my heart," he stated. "I've accomplished the impossible in my life because you (were) by my side. And now we're going to be able to live our lives together forever if you'd accept this ring." Alexandra said yes to the marriage proposal.
More The Biggest Loser News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby