Confirmed, Taylor Lautner Signs On for 'Max Steel'
After playing a werewolf in "Twilight" film series, Taylor Lautner will be seen as a superhero in his next movie. Following report that the 17-year-old heartthrob was in talks to join "Max Steel", Paramount Picture has confirmed to Deadline that they have hired him to play the lead role.
Lautner will take the role of Josh McGrath, a 19-year-old extreme-sports junkie who, in the original animated TV series, is told being accidentally exposed to the unleashed power of nanotechological machines, which become part of him and give him increased strength, near-invulnerability and the ability to change his appearance. He later takes on the identity of Max Steel and fights against superpowered villains.
Chad Damiani and JP Lavin are on board to write the script. However, there is no director attached to this movie adaptation of Mattel action figure. Produced by Joe Roth alongside Barry Waldo and Tim Kilpin, action adventure film "Max Steel" eyes a 2012 release schedule.
As for Taylor Lautner, before widely known for his role of Jacob Black in vampire drama film "Twilight", he has appeared in "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D" and "Cheaper by the Dozen 2". He will next be seen starring in comedy romance "Valentine's Day", which will hit U.S. theaters on February 12, 2010.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant