Confirmed, Taylor Lautner Signs On for 'Max Steel'
After playing a werewolf in "Twilight" film series, Taylor Lautner will be seen as a superhero in his next movie. Following report that the 17-year-old heartthrob was in talks to join "Max Steel", Paramount Picture has confirmed to Deadline that they have hired him to play the lead role.
Lautner will take the role of Josh McGrath, a 19-year-old extreme-sports junkie who, in the original animated TV series, is told being accidentally exposed to the unleashed power of nanotechological machines, which become part of him and give him increased strength, near-invulnerability and the ability to change his appearance. He later takes on the identity of Max Steel and fights against superpowered villains.
Chad Damiani and JP Lavin are on board to write the script. However, there is no director attached to this movie adaptation of Mattel action figure. Produced by Joe Roth alongside Barry Waldo and Tim Kilpin, action adventure film "Max Steel" eyes a 2012 release schedule.
As for Taylor Lautner, before widely known for his role of Jacob Black in vampire drama film "Twilight", he has appeared in "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D" and "Cheaper by the Dozen 2". He will next be seen starring in comedy romance "Valentine's Day", which will hit U.S. theaters on February 12, 2010.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake