'The Runaways' Among 2010 Sundance Non-Competition Line-Up
On Thursday, December 3, Sundance Institute has announced movies which are included on the non-competition line-up of the 26th Sundance Film Festival. Among the list, there are "The Runaways", a biopic starring Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart, and "The Killer Inside Me" that has Kate Hudson and Jessica Alba as part of the cast. Both movies are enlisted in Premieres category.
Non-competitive categories usually focus on bigger-budget films with well-known stars and a distributor already in place. However, organizers of this year's festival have added a new section, called Next, which is dedicated to extremely low-budget movies that cost under $500,000.
Speaking about the new category, Sundance lead programmer Trevor Groth stated, "There's this whole movement of getting back to the low-budget aesthetic in storytelling, to the kind of film we'd see a couple decades ago. That's why we created this new section called Next, which is a direct response to that kind of film that's made for less." In addition to this Next category, there is another new non-competitive section called Spotlight.
The 2010 Sundance Film Festival will run January 21-31 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah. The In-Competition list has been announced on Wednesday, December 2, while the out-of-competition sections can be seen below. More on each of the selected movies' details can be obtained via Sundance Festival 2010.
The Non-Competition line-up for the 26th Sundance Film Festival:
- "Abel" - Mexico, U.S.
- "Cane Toads"
- "The Company Men"
- "The Extra Man"
- "Get Low"
- "Jack Goes Boating"
- "The Killer Inside Me"
- "Nowhere Boy"
- "Please Give"
- "The Runaways"
- "Shock Doctrine"
- "Untitled Duplass Brothers project"
- "Bass Ackwards"
- "Bilal's Stand"
- "The Freebie"
- "New Low"
- "One Too Many Mornings"
- "The Taqwacores"
- "Bran Nue Dae" - Australia
- "Daddy Longlegs"
- "Enter the Void" - France
- "I Am Love" - Italy
- "Louis C.K.: Hilarious"
- "Lourdes" - Austria, France,Germany
- "Mother and Child"
- "A Prophet" - France
- "Women Without Men" - Germany, Austria, France
- "8: The Mormon Proposition"
- "Climate Refugees"
- "Countdown to Zero"
- "Life 2.0"
- "Teenage Paparazzo"
- "To Catch a Dollar: Muhammad Yunus Banks on America" - Bangladesh, U.S.
- "Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks"
- "Buried" - Spain, U.S.
- "High School"
- "The Perfect Host"
- "7 Days"
- "Tucker and Dale vs. Evil"
- "The Violent Kind"
- "All My Friends Are Funeral Singers"
- "Double Take" - Germany, Netherlands
- "Memories of Overdevelopment"
- "Pepperminta" - Austria, Switzerland
- "Utopia in Four Movements"
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle