'Ugly Betty' 4.08 Preview: Shakira Guest Starring
"Ugly Betty" is looking forward to have some fun in the Bahamas next week with Shakira as the guest star. In the steamy Bahamas, the love triangle between Betty, Matt and Amanda explodes, and romantic pairings abound. Things should be dreamy at the Atlantis resort, where even Shakira is staying.
Shakira has been on the show's wish list for sometime but it only happens this season. "We've mentioned her several times over the course of the series and have always wanted to work with her. She's an enormous Latina icon, as is Betty, and we thought it was a perfect fit," showrunner Silvio Horta said.
Her role will be as herself, the icon featured in the latest issue of Mode. The photo shoot taking place in the Bahamas goes wrong but Shakira helps to save the day. The singer will be sharing scenes with Betty's nephew Justin who apparently is the one in the know about her alias.
Also in the episode, Betty has a nightmarish photo shoot after Willie learns her nemesis, Penelope Graybridge (Christie Brinkley), snagged a coveted job, and, even more importantly, discovers Connor is very much alive. Marc frets that there is no one on the island for him, but then meets the uber-hot Troy. And back home, Hilda draws closer to her old love, Bobby. Portraying Troy is Becki Newton's real-life brother Matt Newton.
"The Bahamas Triangle" airs on December 4 and will be the last episode airing this year. It is slated to return early next year but ABC has not released its midseason schedule yet.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle