'Ugly Betty' 4.08 Preview: Shakira Guest Starring
"Ugly Betty" is looking forward to have some fun in the Bahamas next week with Shakira as the guest star. In the steamy Bahamas, the love triangle between Betty, Matt and Amanda explodes, and romantic pairings abound. Things should be dreamy at the Atlantis resort, where even Shakira is staying.
Shakira has been on the show's wish list for sometime but it only happens this season. "We've mentioned her several times over the course of the series and have always wanted to work with her. She's an enormous Latina icon, as is Betty, and we thought it was a perfect fit," showrunner Silvio Horta said.
Her role will be as herself, the icon featured in the latest issue of Mode. The photo shoot taking place in the Bahamas goes wrong but Shakira helps to save the day. The singer will be sharing scenes with Betty's nephew Justin who apparently is the one in the know about her alias.
Also in the episode, Betty has a nightmarish photo shoot after Willie learns her nemesis, Penelope Graybridge (Christie Brinkley), snagged a coveted job, and, even more importantly, discovers Connor is very much alive. Marc frets that there is no one on the island for him, but then meets the uber-hot Troy. And back home, Hilda draws closer to her old love, Bobby. Portraying Troy is Becki Newton's real-life brother Matt Newton.
"The Bahamas Triangle" airs on December 4 and will be the last episode airing this year. It is slated to return early next year but ABC has not released its midseason schedule yet.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018