Storyline for Two 'Sherlock Holmes' Sequels Is Planned
Though it is still about a month away until "Sherlock Holmes" hits theaters, two sequels have been planned. In an interview with Empire magazine, actor Robert Downey Jr. revealed that he and several filmmakers have had ideas about how storyline for the next movies will be.
"Between Guy [Ritchie-director] and me, the missus (producer Susan Levin) and Joel Silver (producer), we definitely know what we would like to do for the next two sequels," Downey Jr. said. He then added, "But I want to add a massive disclaimer - I'm just generally a confident person. I've no idea where anything is going to go."
Beside showing his confidence about the future of "Sherlock Holmes" film franchise, Downey Jr. has also admitted that he would love to work on several "Iron Man" movies until he is retired. "To tell you the truth, I would be happy to bounce back and forth between Sherlock Holmes and Tony Stark until I am forcibly retired. And also, fortunately, not unlike Iron Man, there is a way to continue along the lines of it and not become increasingly embarrassed by my greying hair and ropey muscles," he claimed.
Back in September, there was report that Warner Bros. Pictures has been planning to develop "Sherlock Holmes 2". Additionally, The Hollywood Reporter mentioned Brad Pitt may be seen playing villain Moriarty in the second installment. However, as of the press time both the studio and the actor have not confirmed the news.
The first "Sherlock Holmes" is based on Lionel Wigram's comic book and will present a new portrayal of Arthur Conan Doyle's most famous characters. Due for December 25 U.S. release, it has Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest, in addition to Mark Strong who is set to play Lord Blackwood.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters