Video: Adam Lambert Performs on CBS' 'The Early Show'
Adam Lambert paid CBS a visit on November 25 to make live performances for "The Early Show" audience. The openly gay singer delivered two songs, "Whataya Want From Me" and "Music Again", both of which are from his newly-released debut album "For Your Entertainment".
"Thank you to everyone who waited in the cold so early this morning for my CBS Early Show performance!" Adam wrote on his Twitter after the Wednesday performance. "Your support is so important to me."
In addition to singing, Adam also spoke with hosts Maggie Rodriguez and Harry Smith about the controversy surrounding his sexually-charged performance at 2009 American Music Awards. "I admit I did get carried away, but I don't see anything wrong with it," he said. "I do see how people got offended and that was not my intention. My intention was to interpret the lyrics of my song and have a good time with it."
CBS picked up the opportunity to have Adam Lambert performing live after ABC decided to cancel his scheduled "Good Morning America". However, CBS found themselves in hot water for showing Adam's censored kissing scene at the AMAs, but airing unedited footage of Madonna and Britney Spears locking lips moments later.
" 'The Early Show's decision this morning to blur Adam Lambert's kiss from the American Music Awards reinforces an unfortunate double standard that is applied to openly gay performers," so Jarrett Barrios, President of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, issued a statement in regard of that matter.
In response to the criticism, a spokesperson for the show told Entertainment Weekly, "We gave this some real thought. The Madonna image is very familiar and has appeared countless times including many times on morning television. The Adam Lambert image is a subject of great current controversy, has not been nearly as widely disseminated, and for all we know, may still lead to legal consequences."
"Whataya Want From Me" performance:
"Music Again" performance:
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!