Video: Adam Lambert Performs on CBS' 'The Early Show'
Adam Lambert paid CBS a visit on November 25 to make live performances for "The Early Show" audience. The openly gay singer delivered two songs, "Whataya Want From Me" and "Music Again", both of which are from his newly-released debut album "For Your Entertainment".
"Thank you to everyone who waited in the cold so early this morning for my CBS Early Show performance!" Adam wrote on his Twitter after the Wednesday performance. "Your support is so important to me."
In addition to singing, Adam also spoke with hosts Maggie Rodriguez and Harry Smith about the controversy surrounding his sexually-charged performance at 2009 American Music Awards. "I admit I did get carried away, but I don't see anything wrong with it," he said. "I do see how people got offended and that was not my intention. My intention was to interpret the lyrics of my song and have a good time with it."
CBS picked up the opportunity to have Adam Lambert performing live after ABC decided to cancel his scheduled "Good Morning America". However, CBS found themselves in hot water for showing Adam's censored kissing scene at the AMAs, but airing unedited footage of Madonna and Britney Spears locking lips moments later.
" 'The Early Show's decision this morning to blur Adam Lambert's kiss from the American Music Awards reinforces an unfortunate double standard that is applied to openly gay performers," so Jarrett Barrios, President of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, issued a statement in regard of that matter.
In response to the criticism, a spokesperson for the show told Entertainment Weekly, "We gave this some real thought. The Madonna image is very familiar and has appeared countless times including many times on morning television. The Adam Lambert image is a subject of great current controversy, has not been nearly as widely disseminated, and for all we know, may still lead to legal consequences."
"Whataya Want From Me" performance:
"Music Again" performance:
More Adam Lambert News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion