Details of Bollywood Actress Shilpa Shetty's Weekend Wedding
Shilpa Shetty is off the single market. The Bollywood film star wed her millionaire businessman boyfriend Raj Kundra in a lavish ceremony in Khandala, a hill resort near Mumbai in western India on Sunday, November 22.
At the ceremony, the 34-year-old beauty donned a red sari, diamonds and emeralds. The groom, meanwhile, wore a maroon sherwani with golden embroidery and a turban with his face veiled by a sehra (string of pearls). He arrived at the ceremony in a two-horse chariot, Daily Mail reported. The couple was joined by friends, family, and business colleagues for the service, which was a continuation of a sangeet ceremony held on Saturday night, November 21.
"Everything went very well. All parents want their children to get married happily and that goes the same for Shilpa's parents as well. They are very happy," the bride's friend and business partner Kiran Bawa said after the wedding. "Raj and Shilpa both were very nervous before the marriage but now they are happy. We are going straight to Raj's house in Mumbai."
Not sharing her wedding details with the press, Shilpa has been quoted by Times of India as stating, "This is my dream wedding. We plan to shuttle between Mumbai and London after marriage. I shall strive to be as successful at home as I am outside. I want to excel as a homemaker."
Asked about her feeling of marrying Raj, who is a millionaire divorcee, she commented, "Let's be positive. Raj is experienced and hopefully won't make the same mistakes again. We are used to a certain lifestyle and it's practical to choose a spouse who can at least match those luxuries, if not more. There's nothing wrong in looking forward to a comfortable life. But money isn't everything. Raj and I connect on a different level."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign