Recap: The End of 'Jon and Kate Plus 8'
On Monday, November 23, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" officially ended its five-year run on TLC. Kate Gosselin opened the series finale, stating her belief that the reality show is only doing her and the kids good. "This is a very bittersweet goodbye," Kate said. Talking about the end of the show, she added, "I feel like it's been taken from us, from me and the kids."
Although this could be the last chance they are seen on the same screen together, Kate and Jon Gosselin chose to do separate interviews and activities with their kids. Kate took the children to an organic farm where they get to feed calves. Kate managed to slip in a joke about the little cows peeing because her children scared them.
Meanwhile, Jon organized a lemonade stand to raise money for the local fire department. Twins Mady and Cara had a bicker about their logo design and Jon sent them inside the house because he thought they were "unappreciative". The sextuplets were then treated with a demo from one of the firefighters who climbed up the ladder.
In his solo interview, Jon discussed about being himself, free from the grasp of marriage. "I felt like I was free," he said, adding that he has to stop "being a kid." Kate similarly reviewed their marriage, and said, "Maybe I've been in the same boat as Jon, but the truth is I've been in a completely different boat. I never had a clear picture of how it would end, but I think it's too soon."
"Jon & Kate Plus 8" will be replaced by "Cake Boss" the rest of this year and "Table for 12" on March 23. Unlike stated in the press release last month, Kate Gosselin will not star in her own show "Kate Plus 8" because the pressure in the family is just too much. "We are focusing on the launch of Kate's new [talk show] in early spring. 'Kate Plus 8' is not in production," a network spokeswoman said.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media