Video: Jennifer Lopez Takes a Tumble During AMAs Performance
Always the professional on her every on-stage appearance, Jennifer Lopez failed to present a smooth performance at the 2009 American Music Awards on Sunday, November 22 at Nokia Theatre in L.A. when she took a tumble when delivering her single "Louboutins". She, however, managed to get back on her feet and finish her song.
Lopez turned the stage into a scene similar to that of a boxing ring. To match the theme, the songstress had professional ring announcer for boxing and professional wrestling matches Michael Buffer yelling his signature catch phrase, "Let's get ready to rumble!" while she herself and her backing dancers also dressed like boxers. Halfway through the song, Lopez climbed up the backs of her back-up dancers who had bent over to create a staircase.
When reaching the top, the music star jumped off but failed to land smoothly on her feet. She slipped and fell on her bottom. She was quick to stand up though and finished her performance.
"Louboutins" is the first single from Jennifer Lopez's new album "Love?", which is expected to be released in U.S. market on January 26 next year.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage