Video: Jennifer Lopez Takes a Tumble During AMAs Performance
Always the professional on her every on-stage appearance, Jennifer Lopez failed to present a smooth performance at the 2009 American Music Awards on Sunday, November 22 at Nokia Theatre in L.A. when she took a tumble when delivering her single "Louboutins". She, however, managed to get back on her feet and finish her song.
Lopez turned the stage into a scene similar to that of a boxing ring. To match the theme, the songstress had professional ring announcer for boxing and professional wrestling matches Michael Buffer yelling his signature catch phrase, "Let's get ready to rumble!" while she herself and her backing dancers also dressed like boxers. Halfway through the song, Lopez climbed up the backs of her back-up dancers who had bent over to create a staircase.
When reaching the top, the music star jumped off but failed to land smoothly on her feet. She slipped and fell on her bottom. She was quick to stand up though and finished her performance.
"Louboutins" is the first single from Jennifer Lopez's new album "Love?", which is expected to be released in U.S. market on January 26 next year.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance