Video: Jennifer Lopez Takes a Tumble During AMAs Performance
Always the professional on her every on-stage appearance, Jennifer Lopez failed to present a smooth performance at the 2009 American Music Awards on Sunday, November 22 at Nokia Theatre in L.A. when she took a tumble when delivering her single "Louboutins". She, however, managed to get back on her feet and finish her song.
Lopez turned the stage into a scene similar to that of a boxing ring. To match the theme, the songstress had professional ring announcer for boxing and professional wrestling matches Michael Buffer yelling his signature catch phrase, "Let's get ready to rumble!" while she herself and her backing dancers also dressed like boxers. Halfway through the song, Lopez climbed up the backs of her back-up dancers who had bent over to create a staircase.
When reaching the top, the music star jumped off but failed to land smoothly on her feet. She slipped and fell on her bottom. She was quick to stand up though and finished her performance.
"Louboutins" is the first single from Jennifer Lopez's new album "Love?", which is expected to be released in U.S. market on January 26 next year.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'