'Cougar Town' Keeps Airing Despite Courteney Cox's Absence
Courteney Cox is taking a leave from filming her new sitcom "Cougar Town" to attend to a family matter. "We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter," an ABC rep released a statement on Sunday, November 22.
Although what kind of family affair is not disclosed, ABC said that the absence won't affect the show immediately. Cox apparently has shot enough episodes to keep fans entertained until early next year. At least three episodes have been completed and will be aired on November 25, December 9 and January 6, 2010.
The January episode in particular is guest starring Cox's former "Friends" co-star, Lisa Kudrow, who will be playing a mean dermatologist that Cox's character keeps going to. It is still unclear whether ABC will anticipate Cox's absence with contingency plan of shooting without her.
Airing every Wednesdays along with other half-hour comedies, "Cougar Town" survived ABC's casualties and has been picked up for a full 22-episode order.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard