'Cougar Town' Keeps Airing Despite Courteney Cox's Absence
Courteney Cox is taking a leave from filming her new sitcom "Cougar Town" to attend to a family matter. "We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter," an ABC rep released a statement on Sunday, November 22.
Although what kind of family affair is not disclosed, ABC said that the absence won't affect the show immediately. Cox apparently has shot enough episodes to keep fans entertained until early next year. At least three episodes have been completed and will be aired on November 25, December 9 and January 6, 2010.
The January episode in particular is guest starring Cox's former "Friends" co-star, Lisa Kudrow, who will be playing a mean dermatologist that Cox's character keeps going to. It is still unclear whether ABC will anticipate Cox's absence with contingency plan of shooting without her.
Airing every Wednesdays along with other half-hour comedies, "Cougar Town" survived ABC's casualties and has been picked up for a full 22-episode order.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius