'Cougar Town' Keeps Airing Despite Courteney Cox's Absence
Courteney Cox is taking a leave from filming her new sitcom "Cougar Town" to attend to a family matter. "We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter," an ABC rep released a statement on Sunday, November 22.
Although what kind of family affair is not disclosed, ABC said that the absence won't affect the show immediately. Cox apparently has shot enough episodes to keep fans entertained until early next year. At least three episodes have been completed and will be aired on November 25, December 9 and January 6, 2010.
The January episode in particular is guest starring Cox's former "Friends" co-star, Lisa Kudrow, who will be playing a mean dermatologist that Cox's character keeps going to. It is still unclear whether ABC will anticipate Cox's absence with contingency plan of shooting without her.
Airing every Wednesdays along with other half-hour comedies, "Cougar Town" survived ABC's casualties and has been picked up for a full 22-episode order.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby