'Cougar Town' Keeps Airing Despite Courteney Cox's Absence
Courteney Cox is taking a leave from filming her new sitcom "Cougar Town" to attend to a family matter. "We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter," an ABC rep released a statement on Sunday, November 22.
Although what kind of family affair is not disclosed, ABC said that the absence won't affect the show immediately. Cox apparently has shot enough episodes to keep fans entertained until early next year. At least three episodes have been completed and will be aired on November 25, December 9 and January 6, 2010.
The January episode in particular is guest starring Cox's former "Friends" co-star, Lisa Kudrow, who will be playing a mean dermatologist that Cox's character keeps going to. It is still unclear whether ABC will anticipate Cox's absence with contingency plan of shooting without her.
Airing every Wednesdays along with other half-hour comedies, "Cougar Town" survived ABC's casualties and has been picked up for a full 22-episode order.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival