'Cougar Town' Keeps Airing Despite Courteney Cox's Absence
Courteney Cox is taking a leave from filming her new sitcom "Cougar Town" to attend to a family matter. "We can confirm production on Cougar Town has been temporarily shut down in order for Courteney to deal with a private family matter," an ABC rep released a statement on Sunday, November 22.
Although what kind of family affair is not disclosed, ABC said that the absence won't affect the show immediately. Cox apparently has shot enough episodes to keep fans entertained until early next year. At least three episodes have been completed and will be aired on November 25, December 9 and January 6, 2010.
The January episode in particular is guest starring Cox's former "Friends" co-star, Lisa Kudrow, who will be playing a mean dermatologist that Cox's character keeps going to. It is still unclear whether ABC will anticipate Cox's absence with contingency plan of shooting without her.
Airing every Wednesdays along with other half-hour comedies, "Cougar Town" survived ABC's casualties and has been picked up for a full 22-episode order.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'