Justin Bieber Addresses Chaotic Mall Signing in Long Island
Justin Bieber's scheduled meet and greet gathering in New York has been canceled. However, his fans refused to leave the venue, still hoping that the young singer will show up. After learning that matter, Justin wrote on Twitter, "The event at roosevelt mall is canceled. please go home. the police have already arrested one person from my camp. I dont want anyone hurt."
"Im sorry to everyone who was in Long Island at the Mall 2day," the pop singing sensation followed up his message with another post. "I was just trying to come meet fans and never meant to disappoint anyone."
More than 1,000 young fans of Justin gathered at the Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island on November 20, waiting for the arrival of the 15-year-old Canadian pop star. The large number of screaming fans made Nassau police to be called in for crowd control.
One girl was rushed to the hospital for medical treatment following aggressive pushing and shoving after employees at one of the stores falsely screamed out that Justin was in their store. Moreover, the senior vice president for sales at Def Jam Records, 44-year-old James Roppo, ended up getting arrested, according to TMZ.
A statement concerning the unexpected incident was also issued by Justin's label. "The police and fire marshall concluded it was an unsafe environment and prohibited the event from taking place. Justin made every effort to enter the mall but was turned away by the police. Justin appreciates his fans and promises to make it up to them soon," it was announced.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama