Video: Judd Apatow Talks Doing Sequels for 'Pineapple Express' and 'Superbad'
Stand-up comedian and film producer Judd Apatow sits down for a Q & A session with the Funny or Die Writer's Room live stream, during when he talks about the possibility of making sequels to two of his produced films, "Pineapple Express" and "Superbad". He says, while sequel of "Pineapple Express" is likely to be made, it's highly unlikely for a sequel to "Superbad" to be made because its star Seth Rogen and screenwriter Evan Goldberg don't want to ruin the original.
"I can't get [Rogen and Goldberg] to make the 'Superbad' sequel. I begged, but they don't want to ruin it. They think it's a gem of a movie and they don't want a crappy second," Judd muses. He goes on revealing, "There's a little talk about a 'Pineapple Express' sequel if that's your cup of tea ... your bowl of smoke. You probably have a better shot of seeing that [than any Superbad 2 or any other Apatow sequel]."
Though so, no further information is shared by Judd regarding the planned "Pineapple Express" sequel. He, instead, talks about his upcoming film "Get Him to the Greek", which is a spin-off of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Of it, he says it a "sideways sequel," adding that "It's kind of like my favorite year on heroin." The film is targeting June 11, 2010 U.S. release.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media