Video: Judd Apatow Talks Doing Sequels for 'Pineapple Express' and 'Superbad'
Stand-up comedian and film producer Judd Apatow sits down for a Q & A session with the Funny or Die Writer's Room live stream, during when he talks about the possibility of making sequels to two of his produced films, "Pineapple Express" and "Superbad". He says, while sequel of "Pineapple Express" is likely to be made, it's highly unlikely for a sequel to "Superbad" to be made because its star Seth Rogen and screenwriter Evan Goldberg don't want to ruin the original.
"I can't get [Rogen and Goldberg] to make the 'Superbad' sequel. I begged, but they don't want to ruin it. They think it's a gem of a movie and they don't want a crappy second," Judd muses. He goes on revealing, "There's a little talk about a 'Pineapple Express' sequel if that's your cup of tea ... your bowl of smoke. You probably have a better shot of seeing that [than any Superbad 2 or any other Apatow sequel]."
Though so, no further information is shared by Judd regarding the planned "Pineapple Express" sequel. He, instead, talks about his upcoming film "Get Him to the Greek", which is a spin-off of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Of it, he says it a "sideways sequel," adding that "It's kind of like my favorite year on heroin." The film is targeting June 11, 2010 U.S. release.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her