Video: Judd Apatow Talks Doing Sequels for 'Pineapple Express' and 'Superbad'
Stand-up comedian and film producer Judd Apatow sits down for a Q & A session with the Funny or Die Writer's Room live stream, during when he talks about the possibility of making sequels to two of his produced films, "Pineapple Express" and "Superbad". He says, while sequel of "Pineapple Express" is likely to be made, it's highly unlikely for a sequel to "Superbad" to be made because its star Seth Rogen and screenwriter Evan Goldberg don't want to ruin the original.
"I can't get [Rogen and Goldberg] to make the 'Superbad' sequel. I begged, but they don't want to ruin it. They think it's a gem of a movie and they don't want a crappy second," Judd muses. He goes on revealing, "There's a little talk about a 'Pineapple Express' sequel if that's your cup of tea ... your bowl of smoke. You probably have a better shot of seeing that [than any Superbad 2 or any other Apatow sequel]."
Though so, no further information is shared by Judd regarding the planned "Pineapple Express" sequel. He, instead, talks about his upcoming film "Get Him to the Greek", which is a spin-off of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Of it, he says it a "sideways sequel," adding that "It's kind of like my favorite year on heroin." The film is targeting June 11, 2010 U.S. release.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7