Video: Judd Apatow Talks Doing Sequels for 'Pineapple Express' and 'Superbad'
Stand-up comedian and film producer Judd Apatow sits down for a Q & A session with the Funny or Die Writer's Room live stream, during when he talks about the possibility of making sequels to two of his produced films, "Pineapple Express" and "Superbad". He says, while sequel of "Pineapple Express" is likely to be made, it's highly unlikely for a sequel to "Superbad" to be made because its star Seth Rogen and screenwriter Evan Goldberg don't want to ruin the original.
"I can't get [Rogen and Goldberg] to make the 'Superbad' sequel. I begged, but they don't want to ruin it. They think it's a gem of a movie and they don't want a crappy second," Judd muses. He goes on revealing, "There's a little talk about a 'Pineapple Express' sequel if that's your cup of tea ... your bowl of smoke. You probably have a better shot of seeing that [than any Superbad 2 or any other Apatow sequel]."
Though so, no further information is shared by Judd regarding the planned "Pineapple Express" sequel. He, instead, talks about his upcoming film "Get Him to the Greek", which is a spin-off of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Of it, he says it a "sideways sequel," adding that "It's kind of like my favorite year on heroin." The film is targeting June 11, 2010 U.S. release.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win