Winners of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards, Kings of Leon Get the Top Honor
Winners for this year's mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced during a pre-taped show on November 18. Kings of Leon took home the top honor, Woodie of the Year, beating Asher Roth, Drake, MGMT and Silversun Pickups.
Green Day were honored with Performing Woodie. Meanwhile, Matt and Kim received Best Video Woodie and this year's youngest nominee Never Shout Never won Breaking Woodie. Other winners were Tech N9ne who claimed Left Field Woodie and Jamie Tworkowski who was given the Good Woodie.
Conducted at the New York's Roseland Ballroom, 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards will be broadcast on December 4 on MTV platforms. Performers at the event were Passion Pit and Clipse. Its presenters, meanwhile, included duo 3OH!3 who caught people's attention by appearing on-stage donning the same red-lace costume Lady GaGa wore to the Video Music Awards.
Winners List of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards:
- Woodie of the Year: Kings of Leon
- Breaking Woodie: Never Shout Never
- Left Field Woodie: Tech N9ne
- Best Video Woodie: Matt and Kim - "Lessons Learned"
- Performing Woodie: Green Day
- Good Woodie: Jamie Tworkowski - To Write Love on Her Arms
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?