Winners of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards, Kings of Leon Get the Top Honor
Winners for this year's mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced during a pre-taped show on November 18. Kings of Leon took home the top honor, Woodie of the Year, beating Asher Roth, Drake, MGMT and Silversun Pickups.
Green Day were honored with Performing Woodie. Meanwhile, Matt and Kim received Best Video Woodie and this year's youngest nominee Never Shout Never won Breaking Woodie. Other winners were Tech N9ne who claimed Left Field Woodie and Jamie Tworkowski who was given the Good Woodie.
Conducted at the New York's Roseland Ballroom, 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards will be broadcast on December 4 on MTV platforms. Performers at the event were Passion Pit and Clipse. Its presenters, meanwhile, included duo 3OH!3 who caught people's attention by appearing on-stage donning the same red-lace costume Lady GaGa wore to the Video Music Awards.
Winners List of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards:
- Woodie of the Year: Kings of Leon
- Breaking Woodie: Never Shout Never
- Left Field Woodie: Tech N9ne
- Best Video Woodie: Matt and Kim - "Lessons Learned"
- Performing Woodie: Green Day
- Good Woodie: Jamie Tworkowski - To Write Love on Her Arms
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy