Winners of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards, Kings of Leon Get the Top Honor
Winners for this year's mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced during a pre-taped show on November 18. Kings of Leon took home the top honor, Woodie of the Year, beating Asher Roth, Drake, MGMT and Silversun Pickups.
Green Day were honored with Performing Woodie. Meanwhile, Matt and Kim received Best Video Woodie and this year's youngest nominee Never Shout Never won Breaking Woodie. Other winners were Tech N9ne who claimed Left Field Woodie and Jamie Tworkowski who was given the Good Woodie.
Conducted at the New York's Roseland Ballroom, 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards will be broadcast on December 4 on MTV platforms. Performers at the event were Passion Pit and Clipse. Its presenters, meanwhile, included duo 3OH!3 who caught people's attention by appearing on-stage donning the same red-lace costume Lady GaGa wore to the Video Music Awards.
Winners List of 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards:
- Woodie of the Year: Kings of Leon
- Breaking Woodie: Never Shout Never
- Left Field Woodie: Tech N9ne
- Best Video Woodie: Matt and Kim - "Lessons Learned"
- Performing Woodie: Green Day
- Good Woodie: Jamie Tworkowski - To Write Love on Her Arms
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes