Will Ferrell Is Hollywood's Most Overpaid Star According to Forbes
Forbes' annual list of Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars has just been unveiled, witnessing comedian Will Ferrell placed on its very top spot. The flop of the 42-year-old star's film "Land of the Lost" in the box office takes part in landing him on the particular position.
And the magazine has this to write about the actor, "Ferrell is one of the few 'Saturday Night Live' stars to achieve real movie fame, thanks to films like 'Elf' and 'Talladega Nights'. The success of those comedies bumped up Ferrell's paycheck, but recently that has hurt his return-on-investment number. This summer's 'Land of the Lost' flopped, earning only $65 million on an estimated budget of $100 million." Besides, "For every $1 Ferrell was paid, his films earned an average $3.29."
Securing the second position is Ewan McGregor. "Although he appeared as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the three new 'Star Wars' films, McGregor is not the kind of actor who earns $15 million paychecks. Unfortunately, his low pay couldn't protect him from landing second on our list, because his recent movies have performed so badly," Forbes writes.
And here's the Top 10 Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars according to Forbes:
- Will Ferrell
- Ewan McGregor
- Billy Bob Thornton
- Eddie Murphy
- Ice Cube
- Tom Cruise
- Drew Barrymore
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Jim Carrey
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance