Will Ferrell Is Hollywood's Most Overpaid Star According to Forbes
Forbes' annual list of Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars has just been unveiled, witnessing comedian Will Ferrell placed on its very top spot. The flop of the 42-year-old star's film "Land of the Lost" in the box office takes part in landing him on the particular position.
And the magazine has this to write about the actor, "Ferrell is one of the few 'Saturday Night Live' stars to achieve real movie fame, thanks to films like 'Elf' and 'Talladega Nights'. The success of those comedies bumped up Ferrell's paycheck, but recently that has hurt his return-on-investment number. This summer's 'Land of the Lost' flopped, earning only $65 million on an estimated budget of $100 million." Besides, "For every $1 Ferrell was paid, his films earned an average $3.29."
Securing the second position is Ewan McGregor. "Although he appeared as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the three new 'Star Wars' films, McGregor is not the kind of actor who earns $15 million paychecks. Unfortunately, his low pay couldn't protect him from landing second on our list, because his recent movies have performed so badly," Forbes writes.
And here's the Top 10 Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars according to Forbes:
- Will Ferrell
- Ewan McGregor
- Billy Bob Thornton
- Eddie Murphy
- Ice Cube
- Tom Cruise
- Drew Barrymore
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Jim Carrey
More Will Ferrell News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen