Will Ferrell Is Hollywood's Most Overpaid Star According to Forbes
Forbes' annual list of Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars has just been unveiled, witnessing comedian Will Ferrell placed on its very top spot. The flop of the 42-year-old star's film "Land of the Lost" in the box office takes part in landing him on the particular position.
And the magazine has this to write about the actor, "Ferrell is one of the few 'Saturday Night Live' stars to achieve real movie fame, thanks to films like 'Elf' and 'Talladega Nights'. The success of those comedies bumped up Ferrell's paycheck, but recently that has hurt his return-on-investment number. This summer's 'Land of the Lost' flopped, earning only $65 million on an estimated budget of $100 million." Besides, "For every $1 Ferrell was paid, his films earned an average $3.29."
Securing the second position is Ewan McGregor. "Although he appeared as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the three new 'Star Wars' films, McGregor is not the kind of actor who earns $15 million paychecks. Unfortunately, his low pay couldn't protect him from landing second on our list, because his recent movies have performed so badly," Forbes writes.
And here's the Top 10 Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars according to Forbes:
More Will Ferrell News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!