First Look of Hawkman on 'Smallville'
Not only it is now confirmed that playing Hawkman on "Smallville" will be Michael Shanks, the first look of the actor as the DC Comics superhero has also been shared. Additionally, TV Guide Magazine acquired an interview with Shanks who will appear as the flying hero on a two-hour movie event airing on February 5.
On the physical appearance, Shanks revealed that the "Smallville" version won't exactly follow the comic. "No nudity," he affirmed. "The way the harness is designed they needed to create a bronze chest plate. The helmet is also more of a bronze-tone than a big yellow gold thing. My whole upper torso becomes a big immobile object."
Hawkman is part of Justice Society of America that binds together a number of superheroes like Stargirl, Flash and Green Lantern. But It was reported back in September that only some of the heroes will be presented on "Smallville". They are Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Stargirl, Atom and Spectre. Beside Hawkman, two of them have got actors. Brent Stait is playing Dr. Fate, while Britt Irvin is to tackle Stargirl.
Talking about how Hawkman and his alter ego Carter Hall will contribute to the storyline, Shanks said, "When we first meet Carter Hall he's in his museum. We'll learn he's a reincarnated prince from a thousand years ago. There is a reference to The Justice Society's time in the '70s, but we have since disbanded." He added that he would be seen flying to Daily Planet roof and Watchtower among others.
The second hour of the special episode will be directed by Tom Welling. "The first part is a lot of the character's back-stories with them in civilian attire. Whereas in part two, Tom gets saddled with a lot of the action elements that will take a lot of time to shoot. He's also acting throughout the episode he's directing, which will be quite a task," Shanks revealed what he knew.
Although Justice Society will only appear on the special, Shanks believed there is a chance to bring them back, especially his character. "The way things land at the end of it all, there's an open door for Carter Hall to be revisited and possibly be part of further mentoring Clark down the road," he said.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences