Blake Lively Not Comfortable Doing Bed Scene in 'The Private Lives of Pippa Lee'
Billed to portray young Pippa Lee in "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee", Blake Lively has filmed romantic scenes with her co-star Alan Arkin, who plays her love interest. In an interview with Collider, the depicter of Serena van der Woodsen in TV series "Gossip Girl" has shared about her experience shooting a bed scene in the movie.
"Well, I think it's uncomfortable, laying in strategically placed clothes that are taped on your body, in front of some strangers. That's always uncomfortable," Lively admitted. She then added, "But, I was with Alan and Rebecca [Miller], and our wonderful D.P., and it was a very private set. We're all actors, we're all professionals and we all understood what was happening. Everybody is uncomfortable with those scenes. You're never going to be comfortable being half-naked in front of anyone. But, it was fine. It was a short scene."
During the interview, Lively also discussed about Pippa's love relationship with Arkin's Herb Lee, who is thirty years her senior. "Pippa isn't looking for a sexual partner. It's not lust that attracts her to him. It's that she doesn't have a parent. It's him fulfilling that hole of a parent. He's the first person that guides her, and that provides her security and comfort, so that's what their relationship was about," she said on the romance between the two characters.
"You see me lying half-naked in his arms, but you see that he's protecting her and he's holding her, and it's safety," Lively further explained, "You don't ever see us kiss once, in this movie, because that wasn't what was important about their relationship, and what attracted Pippa to him."
"The Private Lives of Pippa Lee", based on Rebecca Miller's novel of the same title, centers on Pippa Lee's present and past as being portrayed by Robin Wright Penn and Blake Lively respectively. When she finds out that her husband falls for a younger woman, 50-year-old Pippa, who is addicted to methamphetamine, indulges herself in an array of erotic adventures while heading toward a quiet nervous breakdown.
Joining the cast ensemble for the movie are Keanu Reeves as Pippa's inscrutable neighbor Chris Nadeau, Monica Bellucci as the socialite Gigi Lee, and Winona Ryder as Pippa's trusted friend Sandra Dulles. Written and directed by the book's author herself, the drama comedy movie will be released in limited theaters on November 27.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story