Another Look of SyFy's 'Alice' Through TV Spot
"Alice", SyFy's take on the Lewis Carroll classics "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" has been given a short but new promo. This TV spot introduces one by one briefly the main characters of the miniseries from the titular character to the villainous Red Queen.
28-year-old actress Caterina Scorsone plays Alice since the writer/director Nick Willing wants this version to follow the more adult and "fiercely independent" version of the character. Alice is a stranger in an outlandish city of twisted towers and casinos built out of playing cards, all under the rule of a deliciously devilish Queen who's not very happy about Alice's arrival. Playing the Red Queen is Kathy Bates.
Other cast include Andrew Lee Potts as Mad Hatter, Harry Dean Stanton as Caterpillar, and Tim Curry as resistance leader Dodo. SyFy will debut the series on December 6 and conclude it on the next day.
Alice's adventures are also being translated to the big screen, a project by Tim Burton. How the miniseries team regard the movie adaptation called "Alice in Wonderland" compared to theirs, Willing commented, "It could not be more different. We are out there - not to say that [Burton's] isn't out there, but [he's] in a classical way."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up