Another Look of SyFy's 'Alice' Through TV Spot
"Alice", SyFy's take on the Lewis Carroll classics "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" has been given a short but new promo. This TV spot introduces one by one briefly the main characters of the miniseries from the titular character to the villainous Red Queen.
28-year-old actress Caterina Scorsone plays Alice since the writer/director Nick Willing wants this version to follow the more adult and "fiercely independent" version of the character. Alice is a stranger in an outlandish city of twisted towers and casinos built out of playing cards, all under the rule of a deliciously devilish Queen who's not very happy about Alice's arrival. Playing the Red Queen is Kathy Bates.
Other cast include Andrew Lee Potts as Mad Hatter, Harry Dean Stanton as Caterpillar, and Tim Curry as resistance leader Dodo. SyFy will debut the series on December 6 and conclude it on the next day.
Alice's adventures are also being translated to the big screen, a project by Tim Burton. How the miniseries team regard the movie adaptation called "Alice in Wonderland" compared to theirs, Willing commented, "It could not be more different. We are out there - not to say that [Burton's] isn't out there, but [he's] in a classical way."
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!