'Silent Hill 2' to Start Filming in 2010
A second installment of Christophe Gans-directed movie "Silent Hill" is likely to start its production soon. In a recent interview with Shock Till You Drop, special makeup effects designer Paul Jones hinted that the shooting for "Silent Hill 2" will be kicked off in 2010. "Roger (Avary) has some awesome ideas and hopefully we're going to bring that to fruition sometime next year," he revealed.
"I was working on storyboards for that around the same time last year." Jones additionally claimed, "It's going to be pretty crazy. There's a lot of cool stuff in there." However, he remained mum when asked whether or not the script has been completed.
"Silent Hill 2" will serve as the follow-up to 2006 horror thriller movie "Silent Hill", which is a movie adaptation of a video game with the same title. The first film centers on a young mother desperate to find a cure for her only child's illness. Ignoring the protests of her husband, she travels to an abandoned town in search of answers and finds supernatural occurrences taking place there.
Roger Avary has confirmed he will make a return to his writing position for the second film, while Samuel Hadida has been set to produce it. Though Davis Films has not picked up any name as the helmer and the cast ensemble for the movie, the studio has planned to release the sequel in 2011.
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo