'Silent Hill 2' to Start Filming in 2010
A second installment of Christophe Gans-directed movie "Silent Hill" is likely to start its production soon. In a recent interview with Shock Till You Drop, special makeup effects designer Paul Jones hinted that the shooting for "Silent Hill 2" will be kicked off in 2010. "Roger (Avary) has some awesome ideas and hopefully we're going to bring that to fruition sometime next year," he revealed.
"I was working on storyboards for that around the same time last year." Jones additionally claimed, "It's going to be pretty crazy. There's a lot of cool stuff in there." However, he remained mum when asked whether or not the script has been completed.
"Silent Hill 2" will serve as the follow-up to 2006 horror thriller movie "Silent Hill", which is a movie adaptation of a video game with the same title. The first film centers on a young mother desperate to find a cure for her only child's illness. Ignoring the protests of her husband, she travels to an abandoned town in search of answers and finds supernatural occurrences taking place there.
Roger Avary has confirmed he will make a return to his writing position for the second film, while Samuel Hadida has been set to produce it. Though Davis Films has not picked up any name as the helmer and the cast ensemble for the movie, the studio has planned to release the sequel in 2011.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?