Katherine Heigl Takes Second Break From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Just when she returns on this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy", a report emerges that Katherine Heigl's Izzie Stevens will be out of the screen again. EW's Michael Ausiello cited some sources as saying that the actress wants to take a break from the medical drama again, this time for a personal reason.
Heigl has once taken a hiatus from the show last month to complete her feature movie project "Life as We Know It". While it was for professional reason, this second leave is for her family's sake. She reportedly wants more quality time with her newly-adopted daughter Naleigh. This means Izzie will not appear in several episodes most likely those that air in early 2010.
This week, Izzie pops up at the nurse station and blames Meredith for telling Cristina and her rival Charles that she is there. Alex notices her presence but leaves without saying anything. Izzie actually returns to Seattle Grace with her high school mentor to seek treatment for his dementia. "New History" airs November 12.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'