Katherine Heigl Takes Second Break From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Just when she returns on this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy", a report emerges that Katherine Heigl's Izzie Stevens will be out of the screen again. EW's Michael Ausiello cited some sources as saying that the actress wants to take a break from the medical drama again, this time for a personal reason.
Heigl has once taken a hiatus from the show last month to complete her feature movie project "Life as We Know It". While it was for professional reason, this second leave is for her family's sake. She reportedly wants more quality time with her newly-adopted daughter Naleigh. This means Izzie will not appear in several episodes most likely those that air in early 2010.
This week, Izzie pops up at the nurse station and blames Meredith for telling Cristina and her rival Charles that she is there. Alex notices her presence but leaves without saying anything. Izzie actually returns to Seattle Grace with her high school mentor to seek treatment for his dementia. "New History" airs November 12.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered