Katherine Heigl Takes Second Break From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Just when she returns on this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy", a report emerges that Katherine Heigl's Izzie Stevens will be out of the screen again. EW's Michael Ausiello cited some sources as saying that the actress wants to take a break from the medical drama again, this time for a personal reason.
Heigl has once taken a hiatus from the show last month to complete her feature movie project "Life as We Know It". While it was for professional reason, this second leave is for her family's sake. She reportedly wants more quality time with her newly-adopted daughter Naleigh. This means Izzie will not appear in several episodes most likely those that air in early 2010.
This week, Izzie pops up at the nurse station and blames Meredith for telling Cristina and her rival Charles that she is there. Alex notices her presence but leaves without saying anything. Izzie actually returns to Seattle Grace with her high school mentor to seek treatment for his dementia. "New History" airs November 12.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding