Katherine Heigl Takes Second Break From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Just when she returns on this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy", a report emerges that Katherine Heigl's Izzie Stevens will be out of the screen again. EW's Michael Ausiello cited some sources as saying that the actress wants to take a break from the medical drama again, this time for a personal reason.
Heigl has once taken a hiatus from the show last month to complete her feature movie project "Life as We Know It". While it was for professional reason, this second leave is for her family's sake. She reportedly wants more quality time with her newly-adopted daughter Naleigh. This means Izzie will not appear in several episodes most likely those that air in early 2010.
This week, Izzie pops up at the nurse station and blames Meredith for telling Cristina and her rival Charles that she is there. Alex notices her presence but leaves without saying anything. Izzie actually returns to Seattle Grace with her high school mentor to seek treatment for his dementia. "New History" airs November 12.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?