Video: Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Make Fun of Kanye West on CMAs Duet
Opened with "Forever and Always" performance from Taylor Swift, 2009 Country Music Association Awards continued with a duet between the show's hosts Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley. They delivered lines which make reference to Kanye West who interrupted Taylor at 2009 MTV VMAs. "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be Kanye / Let 'em pic guitars and drive them old trucks / 'cause cowboys have manners, they don't interrupt," they sang.
This was not the only set in which Kanye got slammed. Later that night at the November 11 ceremony, Jimmy Dickens made fun of the rapper. Jimmy came onto the stage and interrupted Brad when he talked about his "Welcome to the Future" video by saying that Taylor has the best video ever.
Another live performance came from the winner of Vocal Duo of the Year Sugarland who performed a ballad track called "Keep You". Taylor entertained the audience once again with "Fifteen" and Carrie brought her "Cowboy Casanova". There was also a collaboration between DAUGHTRY and Vince Gill.
Taylor Swift's "Forever and Always" performance:
Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley's duet, poking at Kanye West:
Sugarland's "Keep You" performance:
Taylor Swift's "Fifteen" performance:
Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" performance:
DAUGHTRY and Vince Gill's "Tennessee Line" performance:
More Carrie Underwood News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights