Mike Tyson Arrested After Altercation With Photographer at LAX
It was another run-in with the law for Mike Tyson when he was detained at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Wednesday, November 11 after being involved in an altercation with a photographer. He was passing through the airport from Europe to head for Las Vegas when the incident happened at the United Airlines terminal.
Speaking about what was going on, airport police spokesman Sgt. Jim Holcomb informed reporters the paparazzo told police that the former heavyweight boxing champion struck him once that he then fell to the ground and was rushed to a nearby hospital to be treated for a cut on his forehead. Meanwhile, Tyson's spokeswoman Tammy Brook claimed her client was traveling with his wife and 10-month-old child when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzo who attempted to provoke him. The 43-year-old then acted in self-defense to protect his child.
"There's a lot of different versions to this story and that's all going to come out later," Holcomb said. "Some witness statements support Tyson's version, others support the photographer's." And since Tyson and the paparazzo, whose identity wasn't disclosed, wanted to press charges against each other, they have both been placed under arrest for misdemeanor battery.
As for Tyson he reportedly was arrested by airport police and interviewed at LAX police headquarters for two hours before then being transported to the Los Angeles Police Department's 77th Street Division, where he was booked and released on his own recognition at 8:10 P.M. His bail was set at $20,000.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory