Mike Tyson Arrested After Altercation With Photographer at LAX
It was another run-in with the law for Mike Tyson when he was detained at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Wednesday, November 11 after being involved in an altercation with a photographer. He was passing through the airport from Europe to head for Las Vegas when the incident happened at the United Airlines terminal.
Speaking about what was going on, airport police spokesman Sgt. Jim Holcomb informed reporters the paparazzo told police that the former heavyweight boxing champion struck him once that he then fell to the ground and was rushed to a nearby hospital to be treated for a cut on his forehead. Meanwhile, Tyson's spokeswoman Tammy Brook claimed her client was traveling with his wife and 10-month-old child when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzo who attempted to provoke him. The 43-year-old then acted in self-defense to protect his child.
"There's a lot of different versions to this story and that's all going to come out later," Holcomb said. "Some witness statements support Tyson's version, others support the photographer's." And since Tyson and the paparazzo, whose identity wasn't disclosed, wanted to press charges against each other, they have both been placed under arrest for misdemeanor battery.
As for Tyson he reportedly was arrested by airport police and interviewed at LAX police headquarters for two hours before then being transported to the Los Angeles Police Department's 77th Street Division, where he was booked and released on his own recognition at 8:10 P.M. His bail was set at $20,000.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake