Mike Tyson Arrested After Altercation With Photographer at LAX
It was another run-in with the law for Mike Tyson when he was detained at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Wednesday, November 11 after being involved in an altercation with a photographer. He was passing through the airport from Europe to head for Las Vegas when the incident happened at the United Airlines terminal.
Speaking about what was going on, airport police spokesman Sgt. Jim Holcomb informed reporters the paparazzo told police that the former heavyweight boxing champion struck him once that he then fell to the ground and was rushed to a nearby hospital to be treated for a cut on his forehead. Meanwhile, Tyson's spokeswoman Tammy Brook claimed her client was traveling with his wife and 10-month-old child when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzo who attempted to provoke him. The 43-year-old then acted in self-defense to protect his child.
"There's a lot of different versions to this story and that's all going to come out later," Holcomb said. "Some witness statements support Tyson's version, others support the photographer's." And since Tyson and the paparazzo, whose identity wasn't disclosed, wanted to press charges against each other, they have both been placed under arrest for misdemeanor battery.
As for Tyson he reportedly was arrested by airport police and interviewed at LAX police headquarters for two hours before then being transported to the Los Angeles Police Department's 77th Street Division, where he was booked and released on his own recognition at 8:10 P.M. His bail was set at $20,000.
More Mike Tyson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance