Trailer for Harrison Ford's 'Extraordinary Measures' Arrives
The trailer for sci-fi movie "Extraordinary Measures" has been released on Wednesday, November 11. Debuted by Yahoo! Movies, the clip offers a look at the life of Crowley couple, John and Aileen, who is trying to finance a cure for a rare disease that is killing two of their children, Megan and Patrick.
Prior to the trailer, there has been a featurette that shows testimonials from the real John and Aileen Crowley, whose struggle in raising their two youngest children with a fatal disease has inspired the movie. The footage, additionally, gives a glimpse of Megan and her father when visiting the film's set. In the clip, the lead actors Brendan Fraser and Harrison Ford, also give comments about the family, whose life is told in the film.
Based on a true story, "Extraordinary Measures" revolves around John Crowley who has finally begun to taste success in corporate America. But just as his career is rising, John leaves his secure job to team up with a brilliant, but unappreciated and unconventional scientist, Dr. Robert Stonehill to find a cure for his children's disease.
With their own motivations, one tries to save his kids while the other wants to prove himself and his theories, both of them form a bio-tech company focused on developing a life-saving drug. This unlikely alliance later develops into mutual respect as they battle the medical and business establishments in a fight against the system and time. But, at the last minute, when it appears that a solution has been found, the relationship between the two men faces a final test, the outcome of which will affect the fate of John's children.
Harrison Ford takes the role as Dr. Robert Stonehill, while Brendan Fraser and Keri Russell play John and Aileen respectively. Produced by Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher, and Carla Santos Shamberg in association with CBS Films, the drama movie that eyes a January 22, 2010 release date is directed by Tom Vaughan.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle