Release Date for 'Saw VII' Announced
After releasing the latest installment of "Saw VI" in October this year, Lionsgate Films has moved forward with another sequel of the thriller film by announcing the release date for "Saw VII". According to Shock Till You Drop, the studio has claimed October 22, 2010 will be the day when the seventh "Saw" movie hits U.S. theaters.
As of late, "Saw VI" producer Mark Burg and co-writer Marcus Dunstan have said that "Saw VII" will be filmed in 3-D. "Saw, just by the way it's shot, lends itself to being a 3-D movie," Berg explained. "We saw a test that somebody did, a minute of Saw transferred from 2-D to 3-D and it looked great. We're not going to transfer VII, but we'll actually shoot it in 3-D. We want to be able to build the sets in a way that takes advantage of depth."
"We're going to design traps to come out at you," he moreover stated. "The pendulum trap that opened the last movie would have been great in 3-D. There's a lot of the movie we're planning through the victims eyes, seeing stuff as it comes toward them. But I think the audience wants those moments where the weapon comes into the audience."
Adding to Burg's statement, Dunstan claimed, "It adds a whole new layer of discipline and criteria to creating these moments. We've had a very flat surface to try to get a reaction out of you." Later, he shared, "Now, we get to push out a bit and envelop the viewer, still maintaining the patterns that have worked and been successful, but also to raise it up a notch."
In "Saw VII", Mark Burg will be paired once again with Oren Koules to produce, while Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton will still team up to write the script. As for the cast member, actor Tobin Bell has been set to reprise his role as serial killer John Kramer, known as Jigsaw. Meanwhile, the man behind "Saw V", David Hackl, has been attached to direct the upcoming movie project.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism