Release Date for 'Saw VII' Announced
After releasing the latest installment of "Saw VI" in October this year, Lionsgate Films has moved forward with another sequel of the thriller film by announcing the release date for "Saw VII". According to Shock Till You Drop, the studio has claimed October 22, 2010 will be the day when the seventh "Saw" movie hits U.S. theaters.
As of late, "Saw VI" producer Mark Burg and co-writer Marcus Dunstan have said that "Saw VII" will be filmed in 3-D. "Saw, just by the way it's shot, lends itself to being a 3-D movie," Berg explained. "We saw a test that somebody did, a minute of Saw transferred from 2-D to 3-D and it looked great. We're not going to transfer VII, but we'll actually shoot it in 3-D. We want to be able to build the sets in a way that takes advantage of depth."
"We're going to design traps to come out at you," he moreover stated. "The pendulum trap that opened the last movie would have been great in 3-D. There's a lot of the movie we're planning through the victims eyes, seeing stuff as it comes toward them. But I think the audience wants those moments where the weapon comes into the audience."
Adding to Burg's statement, Dunstan claimed, "It adds a whole new layer of discipline and criteria to creating these moments. We've had a very flat surface to try to get a reaction out of you." Later, he shared, "Now, we get to push out a bit and envelop the viewer, still maintaining the patterns that have worked and been successful, but also to raise it up a notch."
In "Saw VII", Mark Burg will be paired once again with Oren Koules to produce, while Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton will still team up to write the script. As for the cast member, actor Tobin Bell has been set to reprise his role as serial killer John Kramer, known as Jigsaw. Meanwhile, the man behind "Saw V", David Hackl, has been attached to direct the upcoming movie project.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show