'One Tree Hill' and 'Gossip Girl' to Take a Break in Midseason
In order to give "Life Unexpected" a room, The CW's Monday night line-up will have to be benched. In that case, "One Tree Hill" and "Gossip Girl" will take a six-week break each, being shuffled with "Unexpected" which is currently slated for 13 episodes only.
"Gossip" is taking the hiatus from January to February while "Hill" will rest between March to April. In the meantime, "Unexpected" will bounce from the 8/7c and 9/8c timeslots throughout. The shuffle will begin on January 18 with "Hill" airing in its usual 8/7c slot followed by the season premiere of "Unexpected".
The shifting will occur on March 8 when "Unexpected" is shoved to the 8/7c and "Gossip" commences with its regular 9/8c. When "Unexpected" is done with its 13 episodes, "Hill" returns on April 19 to finish the rest of the season.
Although the switch may be confusing, it means that The CW will not air any reruns on Monday nights in between January and May.
On related news, Parents TV Council has issued a statement which evaluates the threesome episode of "Gossip Girl". The council's president said, "Though there was no explicit sex scene ... the CW Network's behavior was grossly irresponsible by adding a story line where a sexual threesome was to be celebrated as some sort of 'rite of passage' for teenagers. The network inserted this story line into a program that they themselves deem to be appropriate for 14-year-old children based on its content rating."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake