'One Tree Hill' and 'Gossip Girl' to Take a Break in Midseason
In order to give "Life Unexpected" a room, The CW's Monday night line-up will have to be benched. In that case, "One Tree Hill" and "Gossip Girl" will take a six-week break each, being shuffled with "Unexpected" which is currently slated for 13 episodes only.
"Gossip" is taking the hiatus from January to February while "Hill" will rest between March to April. In the meantime, "Unexpected" will bounce from the 8/7c and 9/8c timeslots throughout. The shuffle will begin on January 18 with "Hill" airing in its usual 8/7c slot followed by the season premiere of "Unexpected".
The shifting will occur on March 8 when "Unexpected" is shoved to the 8/7c and "Gossip" commences with its regular 9/8c. When "Unexpected" is done with its 13 episodes, "Hill" returns on April 19 to finish the rest of the season.
Although the switch may be confusing, it means that The CW will not air any reruns on Monday nights in between January and May.
On related news, Parents TV Council has issued a statement which evaluates the threesome episode of "Gossip Girl". The council's president said, "Though there was no explicit sex scene ... the CW Network's behavior was grossly irresponsible by adding a story line where a sexual threesome was to be celebrated as some sort of 'rite of passage' for teenagers. The network inserted this story line into a program that they themselves deem to be appropriate for 14-year-old children based on its content rating."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.