'Dollhouse' Canceled, Joss Whedon Reacts
After struggling in the first season and survived, "Dollhouse" can't sustain the life of the second season. FOX has canceled the Joss Whedon-created show but will air all the 13 episodes which have been in the first order. Whedon has come out with a response to the devastating news.
Shortly after report of the cancellation spread out, Whedon wrote on Whedonesque.com, "Hmm. Apparently my news is not news." He went on, "I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again."
Still keeping his sense of humor intact, Whedon joked about his future, "I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear." He was referring to his web short project "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog".
The sci-fi series is filming the 11th episode. Benched for the November sweeps after the fourth episode, the show will return with originals on December 4.
Still awaiting decisions for a full season pick up from FOX would be "Brothers" and "Lie to Me". While the latter has received an additional three episodes order last month, the former has not been given words at all.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her