'Dollhouse' Canceled, Joss Whedon Reacts
After struggling in the first season and survived, "Dollhouse" can't sustain the life of the second season. FOX has canceled the Joss Whedon-created show but will air all the 13 episodes which have been in the first order. Whedon has come out with a response to the devastating news.
Shortly after report of the cancellation spread out, Whedon wrote on Whedonesque.com, "Hmm. Apparently my news is not news." He went on, "I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again."
Still keeping his sense of humor intact, Whedon joked about his future, "I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear." He was referring to his web short project "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog".
The sci-fi series is filming the 11th episode. Benched for the November sweeps after the fourth episode, the show will return with originals on December 4.
Still awaiting decisions for a full season pick up from FOX would be "Brothers" and "Lie to Me". While the latter has received an additional three episodes order last month, the former has not been given words at all.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters