'Eastwick' and 'Let's Dance' Canceled by ABC
ABC has started swinging its ax and those unfortunate to get in its way are "Eastwick" and "Let's Dance". While the former had a brief time enjoying some air time, the latter unfortunately never gets the chance to see the light of day. The reality dancing series hosted by Kathy Griffin was supposed to be premiered on November 23.
ABC has decided not to order anymore episodes of "Eastwick". However, the Alphabet still plans to air all the 13 episodes which had been in the first order. So far only 7 out of 13 have been on air but the show will take two weeks hiatus to give room for a live broadcast of Country Music Association Awards and a special interview with Janet Jackson.
Regarding the yanking of "Dance" out of its plan, ABC reportedly had a difficulty in casting which is a "common problem for networks when developing celebrity-driven reality fare," THR's James Hibberd reported. As a replacement, ABC is mulling another reality show called "Find My Family" where people get to meet their long-lost families or loved ones. Six episodes are in the drawer.
The good news is, ABC picked up more episodes of "The Forgotten" which occupies the Tuesdays slot.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker