'Eastwick' and 'Let's Dance' Canceled by ABC
ABC has started swinging its ax and those unfortunate to get in its way are "Eastwick" and "Let's Dance". While the former had a brief time enjoying some air time, the latter unfortunately never gets the chance to see the light of day. The reality dancing series hosted by Kathy Griffin was supposed to be premiered on November 23.
ABC has decided not to order anymore episodes of "Eastwick". However, the Alphabet still plans to air all the 13 episodes which had been in the first order. So far only 7 out of 13 have been on air but the show will take two weeks hiatus to give room for a live broadcast of Country Music Association Awards and a special interview with Janet Jackson.
Regarding the yanking of "Dance" out of its plan, ABC reportedly had a difficulty in casting which is a "common problem for networks when developing celebrity-driven reality fare," THR's James Hibberd reported. As a replacement, ABC is mulling another reality show called "Find My Family" where people get to meet their long-lost families or loved ones. Six episodes are in the drawer.
The good news is, ABC picked up more episodes of "The Forgotten" which occupies the Tuesdays slot.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'