'Eastwick' and 'Let's Dance' Canceled by ABC
ABC has started swinging its ax and those unfortunate to get in its way are "Eastwick" and "Let's Dance". While the former had a brief time enjoying some air time, the latter unfortunately never gets the chance to see the light of day. The reality dancing series hosted by Kathy Griffin was supposed to be premiered on November 23.
ABC has decided not to order anymore episodes of "Eastwick". However, the Alphabet still plans to air all the 13 episodes which had been in the first order. So far only 7 out of 13 have been on air but the show will take two weeks hiatus to give room for a live broadcast of Country Music Association Awards and a special interview with Janet Jackson.
Regarding the yanking of "Dance" out of its plan, ABC reportedly had a difficulty in casting which is a "common problem for networks when developing celebrity-driven reality fare," THR's James Hibberd reported. As a replacement, ABC is mulling another reality show called "Find My Family" where people get to meet their long-lost families or loved ones. Six episodes are in the drawer.
The good news is, ABC picked up more episodes of "The Forgotten" which occupies the Tuesdays slot.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'