Green Day, Mary J. Blige Set to Sing at 2009 American Music Awards
This year's American Music Awards is promised to be a star-studded affair with the addition of Green Day, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban to its performers ensemble. Long rumored musical guest Rihanna has also been confirmed.
"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira and Mary J. Blige all performing on one stage," said the show's producer Larry Klein. "Each year we try to have a variety of artists and sounds and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will take place on November 22 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Other confirmed musical acts are Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, DAUGHTRY, Eminem, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
In addition to being recruited for AMAs performance, Green Day are also booked for NBC's "New Year's Eve with Carson Daly".
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'