Green Day, Mary J. Blige Set to Sing at 2009 American Music Awards
This year's American Music Awards is promised to be a star-studded affair with the addition of Green Day, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban to its performers ensemble. Long rumored musical guest Rihanna has also been confirmed.
"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira and Mary J. Blige all performing on one stage," said the show's producer Larry Klein. "Each year we try to have a variety of artists and sounds and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will take place on November 22 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Other confirmed musical acts are Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, DAUGHTRY, Eminem, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
In addition to being recruited for AMAs performance, Green Day are also booked for NBC's "New Year's Eve with Carson Daly".
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'