Green Day, Mary J. Blige Set to Sing at 2009 American Music Awards
This year's American Music Awards is promised to be a star-studded affair with the addition of Green Day, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban to its performers ensemble. Long rumored musical guest Rihanna has also been confirmed.
"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira and Mary J. Blige all performing on one stage," said the show's producer Larry Klein. "Each year we try to have a variety of artists and sounds and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will take place on November 22 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Other confirmed musical acts are Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, DAUGHTRY, Eminem, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
In addition to being recruited for AMAs performance, Green Day are also booked for NBC's "New Year's Eve with Carson Daly".
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame