Green Day, Mary J. Blige Set to Sing at 2009 American Music Awards
This year's American Music Awards is promised to be a star-studded affair with the addition of Green Day, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban to its performers ensemble. Long rumored musical guest Rihanna has also been confirmed.
"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira and Mary J. Blige all performing on one stage," said the show's producer Larry Klein. "Each year we try to have a variety of artists and sounds and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will take place on November 22 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Other confirmed musical acts are Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, DAUGHTRY, Eminem, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
In addition to being recruited for AMAs performance, Green Day are also booked for NBC's "New Year's Eve with Carson Daly".
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach