Green Day, Mary J. Blige Set to Sing at 2009 American Music Awards
This year's American Music Awards is promised to be a star-studded affair with the addition of Green Day, Mary J. Blige and Keith Urban to its performers ensemble. Long rumored musical guest Rihanna has also been confirmed.
"We're very excited about having Green Day, Rihanna, Shakira and Mary J. Blige all performing on one stage," said the show's producer Larry Klein. "Each year we try to have a variety of artists and sounds and I think these performers really showcase the depth of what this show brings to its fans."
The 37th Annual American Music Awards will take place on November 22 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Other confirmed musical acts are Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, DAUGHTRY, Eminem, Lady GaGa, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
In addition to being recruited for AMAs performance, Green Day are also booked for NBC's "New Year's Eve with Carson Daly".
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details