'The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty' Gets a Date on A and E
After a couple of months waiting for the family's consent, A&E is on the track to air the miniseries about the Jacksons. "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" which follows Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Randy Jackson will be premiered back-to-back on the cable on December 13 at 9/8c.
Not including a footage of the late Michael Jackson, the miniseries focuses on his brothers in preparing for a reunion tour. Since Michael's June death came in the middle of the preparation, the six-episode series will also chronicle the way they cope with the tragedy. "This deeply intimate portrait will provide viewers with a raw and honest look inside a musical dynasty," said A&E and Bio Channel vice president Robert Sharenow.
"The Jacksons" was actually shot before Michael's death but the King of Pop did not want to take part. A&E previously announced that it would become sort of a documentary which would air in May. In the wake of Michael's death, A&E spokesman Dan Silberman said, "We are respecting the family's wishes right now, and at the appropriate time we will all decide what direction this program to take, so stay tuned."
It is however not yet confirmed whether Michael's children Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket would be seen on the show.
More Michael Jackson News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak