'The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty' Gets a Date on A and E
After a couple of months waiting for the family's consent, A&E is on the track to air the miniseries about the Jacksons. "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" which follows Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Randy Jackson will be premiered back-to-back on the cable on December 13 at 9/8c.
Not including a footage of the late Michael Jackson, the miniseries focuses on his brothers in preparing for a reunion tour. Since Michael's June death came in the middle of the preparation, the six-episode series will also chronicle the way they cope with the tragedy. "This deeply intimate portrait will provide viewers with a raw and honest look inside a musical dynasty," said A&E and Bio Channel vice president Robert Sharenow.
"The Jacksons" was actually shot before Michael's death but the King of Pop did not want to take part. A&E previously announced that it would become sort of a documentary which would air in May. In the wake of Michael's death, A&E spokesman Dan Silberman said, "We are respecting the family's wishes right now, and at the appropriate time we will all decide what direction this program to take, so stay tuned."
It is however not yet confirmed whether Michael's children Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket would be seen on the show.
More Michael Jackson News
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women