Lady GaGa Talks How She Earned 'Gossip Girl' Cameo
Lady GaGa revealed that she had the liberation to perform they way she wanted on "Gossip Girl". The singer said in an interview with MTV News that the writers let her do "whatever the hell". She called the cameo a "crazy performance-art piece."
Her teen sister was actually the one who encouraged her to play a part on the show. She explained, "First of all, my sister's a huge fan, and she's 17 years old. So when I called her and said 'Gossip Girl' wants to put my whole new album on the show and have me perform, she was like 'Oh my God, you have to do it. It's an amazing show'. And I'd seen it. It's a great show."
The one thing that she wouldn't do was to suddenly perform with no story entangled. "I hate TV series performances, because they kind of come in out of nowhere, and everyone's, like, really into the story, and then all of a sudden somebody breaks into song," she said.
GaGa thus literally sat down with the writers and expressed what she wanted to do with the show. On how it turned out, GaGa spilled, "I am the narrator behind what is going on with the characters and make the song part of the moment. We used these ladders, and I'm falling off ladders. Ladders are kind of a monster symbol about bad luck. And I have this 35-foot-long dress on and these X's, very gothic-inspired. It was great."
From another perspective, producer Stephanie Savage told Rolling Stone, "She was willing to stay on set and perform silently in the background of all of our shots so that she could stay a part of the scene and integrated into the action." GaGa was performing her latest single "Bad Romance" on the cameo.
The synopsis for the episode called "The Last Days of Disco Stick" is "Hoping to impress the elitist theater kids at NYU, Blair calls in a favor to land a private concert with the hottest musical performer of the year, Lady Gaga."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed