Video: Shakira, Tokio Hotel and More Perform at 2009 MTV EMAs
The stage of O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany was glittered with live performances from big stars on November 5 when the 16th Annual MTV Europe Music Awards was held. The likes of Shakira, Tokio Hotel, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles and Leona Lewis rocked the event with their hit singles.
At the event opened by cabaret show from host Katy Perry, Shakira delivered her latest single "Did It Again" and brought in several backing dancers as her companions. Having her hair braided, she wore a black mini skirt with a matched top and knee-length boots.
Tokio Hotel, meanwhile, performed "World Behind My Wall". A video displaying a symbolic dissolving of brick wall was featured on the background during their performance. Frontman Bill Kaulitz was seen rocking dark wraparound shades and a tight black leather jacket.
Jay-Z sang "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys, Beyonce delivered "Sweet Dreams" and Leona came out with "Happy". Another musical guest was U2. The band took their live performance to the Brandenburg Gate to commemorate the Fall of Berlin Wall. "Happy birthday, Berlin!" lead singer Bono shouted before then delivering verses from their 1991 single "One" which was partially recorded in the country.
Katy Perry's cabaret show:
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3