Video: Shakira, Tokio Hotel and More Perform at 2009 MTV EMAs
The stage of O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany was glittered with live performances from big stars on November 5 when the 16th Annual MTV Europe Music Awards was held. The likes of Shakira, Tokio Hotel, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles and Leona Lewis rocked the event with their hit singles.
At the event opened by cabaret show from host Katy Perry, Shakira delivered her latest single "Did It Again" and brought in several backing dancers as her companions. Having her hair braided, she wore a black mini skirt with a matched top and knee-length boots.
Tokio Hotel, meanwhile, performed "World Behind My Wall". A video displaying a symbolic dissolving of brick wall was featured on the background during their performance. Frontman Bill Kaulitz was seen rocking dark wraparound shades and a tight black leather jacket.
Jay-Z sang "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys, Beyonce delivered "Sweet Dreams" and Leona came out with "Happy". Another musical guest was U2. The band took their live performance to the Brandenburg Gate to commemorate the Fall of Berlin Wall. "Happy birthday, Berlin!" lead singer Bono shouted before then delivering verses from their 1991 single "One" which was partially recorded in the country.
Katy Perry's cabaret show:
Shakira's "Did It Again" performance:
Tokio Hotel's "World Behind My Wall" performance:
Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" performance:
Beyonce Knowles' "Sweet Dreams" performance:
Leona Lewis' "Happy" performance:
More Shakira News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones