Video: Shakira, Tokio Hotel and More Perform at 2009 MTV EMAs
The stage of O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany was glittered with live performances from big stars on November 5 when the 16th Annual MTV Europe Music Awards was held. The likes of Shakira, Tokio Hotel, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles and Leona Lewis rocked the event with their hit singles.
At the event opened by cabaret show from host Katy Perry, Shakira delivered her latest single "Did It Again" and brought in several backing dancers as her companions. Having her hair braided, she wore a black mini skirt with a matched top and knee-length boots.
Tokio Hotel, meanwhile, performed "World Behind My Wall". A video displaying a symbolic dissolving of brick wall was featured on the background during their performance. Frontman Bill Kaulitz was seen rocking dark wraparound shades and a tight black leather jacket.
Jay-Z sang "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys, Beyonce delivered "Sweet Dreams" and Leona came out with "Happy". Another musical guest was U2. The band took their live performance to the Brandenburg Gate to commemorate the Fall of Berlin Wall. "Happy birthday, Berlin!" lead singer Bono shouted before then delivering verses from their 1991 single "One" which was partially recorded in the country.
Katy Perry's cabaret show:
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think