Video: Shakira, Tokio Hotel and More Perform at 2009 MTV EMAs
The stage of O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany was glittered with live performances from big stars on November 5 when the 16th Annual MTV Europe Music Awards was held. The likes of Shakira, Tokio Hotel, Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles and Leona Lewis rocked the event with their hit singles.
At the event opened by cabaret show from host Katy Perry, Shakira delivered her latest single "Did It Again" and brought in several backing dancers as her companions. Having her hair braided, she wore a black mini skirt with a matched top and knee-length boots.
Tokio Hotel, meanwhile, performed "World Behind My Wall". A video displaying a symbolic dissolving of brick wall was featured on the background during their performance. Frontman Bill Kaulitz was seen rocking dark wraparound shades and a tight black leather jacket.
Jay-Z sang "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys, Beyonce delivered "Sweet Dreams" and Leona came out with "Happy". Another musical guest was U2. The band took their live performance to the Brandenburg Gate to commemorate the Fall of Berlin Wall. "Happy birthday, Berlin!" lead singer Bono shouted before then delivering verses from their 1991 single "One" which was partially recorded in the country.
Katy Perry's cabaret show:
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'