Harpo: Oprah Winfrey Has Not Decided a Move
The thought that Oprah Winfrey will move her talk show to her cable channel The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is too preliminary. CBS Corp. which has the distribution right to "The Oprah Winfrey Show" for local televisions, said on Thursday, November 5 that talks are still underway to keep her from leaving.
"The decision is Oprah's to make," CBS said. "As we have stated repeatedly, we love Oprah and if she wants to continue her show then we want to continue to be in business with her." On the other side, Oprah's production company Harpo released their own statement, saying nothing has been determined yet but Oprah will make one before the year ends.
The core of the story is Deadline Hollywood whose columnist Nikki Finke reported that Oprah may not renew her contract with CBS to focus on her not-yet-launched cable OWN. In its 24th season, the daytime talk show has one or two years left in the contract but Discovery Communications which is Oprah's partner in OWN allegedly has given Oprah an ultimatum to "move it or lose it".
Oprah Winfrey is expected to make an official statement within a few weeks since Discovery is looking at early 2011 as the launching of OWN. By then, Oprah will be moving from Chicago to OWN's headquarters in Los Angeles.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked