Harpo: Oprah Winfrey Has Not Decided a Move
The thought that Oprah Winfrey will move her talk show to her cable channel The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is too preliminary. CBS Corp. which has the distribution right to "The Oprah Winfrey Show" for local televisions, said on Thursday, November 5 that talks are still underway to keep her from leaving.
"The decision is Oprah's to make," CBS said. "As we have stated repeatedly, we love Oprah and if she wants to continue her show then we want to continue to be in business with her." On the other side, Oprah's production company Harpo released their own statement, saying nothing has been determined yet but Oprah will make one before the year ends.
The core of the story is Deadline Hollywood whose columnist Nikki Finke reported that Oprah may not renew her contract with CBS to focus on her not-yet-launched cable OWN. In its 24th season, the daytime talk show has one or two years left in the contract but Discovery Communications which is Oprah's partner in OWN allegedly has given Oprah an ultimatum to "move it or lose it".
Oprah Winfrey is expected to make an official statement within a few weeks since Discovery is looking at early 2011 as the launching of OWN. By then, Oprah will be moving from Chicago to OWN's headquarters in Los Angeles.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame