'Southland' Officially Under TNT's Flag
After months of speculation and talks, TNT finally is harboring "Southland". The show that was dumped by NBC even before it kicks off the second season will restart the whole show under the new roof. TNT plans to have it on Tuesdays at 10/9c with the very first episode in season 1 airing on January 12.
In the airing right which was obtained from Warner Bros Television, TNT additionally gets the exclusive right to air the six episodes that have been shot for the second season. Whether the cable will order more episodes for the second season will have to depend on how it is performing in the rating.
"This is a great win for fans of SOUTHLAND and a perfect opportunity to introduce the series to new viewers," said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. "It's also another outstanding example of how TNT has established itself as the go-to place for the best dramas on television."
In return President of WB TV Peter Roth said, "We are extremely pleased that TNT has acquired all 13 episodes of SOUTHLAND, giving devoted fans the opportunity to watch a show that they passionately support."
John Wells, the Emmy-winning writer who creates the cop drama, said that he is "extremely proud of the show" and thus was "delighted" upon hearing the pick up news.
"Southland" tells the everyday life story of a band of cops. John Cooper is assigned to train a young and rookie cop Ben Sherman but he does it in the way that Sherman doubts he has the cut to be a cop. Michael Cudlitz stars as Cooper and Benjamin McKenzie as Sherman.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage