'Southland' Officially Under TNT's Flag
After months of speculation and talks, TNT finally is harboring "Southland". The show that was dumped by NBC even before it kicks off the second season will restart the whole show under the new roof. TNT plans to have it on Tuesdays at 10/9c with the very first episode in season 1 airing on January 12.
In the airing right which was obtained from Warner Bros Television, TNT additionally gets the exclusive right to air the six episodes that have been shot for the second season. Whether the cable will order more episodes for the second season will have to depend on how it is performing in the rating.
"This is a great win for fans of SOUTHLAND and a perfect opportunity to introduce the series to new viewers," said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. "It's also another outstanding example of how TNT has established itself as the go-to place for the best dramas on television."
In return President of WB TV Peter Roth said, "We are extremely pleased that TNT has acquired all 13 episodes of SOUTHLAND, giving devoted fans the opportunity to watch a show that they passionately support."
John Wells, the Emmy-winning writer who creates the cop drama, said that he is "extremely proud of the show" and thus was "delighted" upon hearing the pick up news.
"Southland" tells the everyday life story of a band of cops. John Cooper is assigned to train a young and rookie cop Ben Sherman but he does it in the way that Sherman doubts he has the cut to be a cop. Michael Cudlitz stars as Cooper and Benjamin McKenzie as Sherman.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'