First Female Captain of 'Law and Order: CI' Hired
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is refreshed with the arrival of a new captain in the ninth season. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, known for her recurring role as Anne Cassidy on "Without a Trace" will join the show as the successor of Captain Danny Ross who is leaving after three years in his position. There is no name of the character yet.
Shift in the captain position has been taking place since James Deakins headed the Major Case Squad division and was replaced by Ross in 2006. The casting of Mastrantonio marks the first time a woman is assigned as the captain.
Other four characters are also making an exit from the show as its focus is given to Jeff Goldblum and Saffron Burrows' characters. The regulars who will not be seen in the new season would be Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Eric Bogosian and Julianne Nicholson. According to EW, one of these characters will meet a devastating end which includes a body bag.
The ninth season will be debuted on USA Network in March 2010 with a split season.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism