First Female Captain of 'Law and Order: CI' Hired
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is refreshed with the arrival of a new captain in the ninth season. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, known for her recurring role as Anne Cassidy on "Without a Trace" will join the show as the successor of Captain Danny Ross who is leaving after three years in his position. There is no name of the character yet.
Shift in the captain position has been taking place since James Deakins headed the Major Case Squad division and was replaced by Ross in 2006. The casting of Mastrantonio marks the first time a woman is assigned as the captain.
Other four characters are also making an exit from the show as its focus is given to Jeff Goldblum and Saffron Burrows' characters. The regulars who will not be seen in the new season would be Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Eric Bogosian and Julianne Nicholson. According to EW, one of these characters will meet a devastating end which includes a body bag.
The ninth season will be debuted on USA Network in March 2010 with a split season.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!