First Female Captain of 'Law and Order: CI' Hired
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is refreshed with the arrival of a new captain in the ninth season. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, known for her recurring role as Anne Cassidy on "Without a Trace" will join the show as the successor of Captain Danny Ross who is leaving after three years in his position. There is no name of the character yet.
Shift in the captain position has been taking place since James Deakins headed the Major Case Squad division and was replaced by Ross in 2006. The casting of Mastrantonio marks the first time a woman is assigned as the captain.
Other four characters are also making an exit from the show as its focus is given to Jeff Goldblum and Saffron Burrows' characters. The regulars who will not be seen in the new season would be Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Eric Bogosian and Julianne Nicholson. According to EW, one of these characters will meet a devastating end which includes a body bag.
The ninth season will be debuted on USA Network in March 2010 with a split season.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel