Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy Confirmed for 'Mad Max 4'
Rumor on the street suggesting that Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy may be involved in "Mad Max: Fury Road" is on the right path after all. The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the Academy Award-winning actress and the gay gangster of "RocknRolla" are in negotiations to star in the fourth installment of the "Mad Max" series.
Hardy, who will be seen as Eames in Christopher Nolan's "Inception", is expected to step into the role of hardened ex-cop Max Rockatansk, meaning he will replace Mel Gibson who had portayed the character in the first three installments. 34-year-old Theron, in the meantime, will take on the female lead role. Details about her character are yet to be disclosed though.
"Mad Max: Fury Road", according to THR, will take place a short while after the story detailed in 1985's "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome". To be an Australian production, this fourth film eyes a start of production in summer 2010 in the Down Under. Earlier report has suggested that Sydney and outback New South Wales are likely to be the shooting locations.
Days prior to the outing of this casting confirmation, director George Miller told Australia's ABC News that he was still in the middle of the casting process and there was yet decision made for the leading actors. At the same time, words came out that "Avatar" star Sam Worthington might be tapped as the lead actor.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit