Timeline of 'Alien' Prequel Explained
Director Ridley Scott has offered a few hints related to the timeline of the upcoming "Alien" prequel. When accompanying his daughter, Jordan, to debut her film "Cracks" at the London Film Festival, the 71-year-old filmmaker suggested that the futuristic movie will not tell the story of how the extra-terrestrial creatures found their way to LV-426.
To Empire, Ridley shared, "It's a brand new box of tricks." He went on detailing the timeline, "We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It's very difficult to put a year on Alien, but [for example] if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior."
While he was careful enough not to spill more beans on the plot details, the director/producer of the upcoming "Robin Hood" movie did talk about his return to the franchise. "I never thought I'd look forward to a sequel," he opened up. "But a prequel is kind of interesting. I'm looking forward to doing that."
It was mentioned earlier that this new "Alien" movie is set up to be the prequel to the 1979 film. But, Empire noted that rather than telling the story of how those first aliens found on the ship were killed, Ridley and the film's writer Jon Spaihts will "reboot the story in an attempt to give it a human focus." Ridley, his brother Tony Scott and Michael Costigan are all on board to produce. No date has been set for its release just yet.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital