Timeline of 'Alien' Prequel Explained
Director Ridley Scott has offered a few hints related to the timeline of the upcoming "Alien" prequel. When accompanying his daughter, Jordan, to debut her film "Cracks" at the London Film Festival, the 71-year-old filmmaker suggested that the futuristic movie will not tell the story of how the extra-terrestrial creatures found their way to LV-426.
To Empire, Ridley shared, "It's a brand new box of tricks." He went on detailing the timeline, "We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It's very difficult to put a year on Alien, but [for example] if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior."
While he was careful enough not to spill more beans on the plot details, the director/producer of the upcoming "Robin Hood" movie did talk about his return to the franchise. "I never thought I'd look forward to a sequel," he opened up. "But a prequel is kind of interesting. I'm looking forward to doing that."
It was mentioned earlier that this new "Alien" movie is set up to be the prequel to the 1979 film. But, Empire noted that rather than telling the story of how those first aliens found on the ship were killed, Ridley and the film's writer Jon Spaihts will "reboot the story in an attempt to give it a human focus." Ridley, his brother Tony Scott and Michael Costigan are all on board to produce. No date has been set for its release just yet.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other