James Marsden Gets a Warning in New 'The Box' Clip
In anticipation of "The Box" theatrical release which is around a week away, director/producer/writer Richard Kelly has unleashed the first clip from the horror feature. Nearly three-minute long, the snippet is debuted via MTV attached to his guest blog post. The footage centers on James Marsden's Arthur Lewis and Gillian Jacobs' Dana.
In the posting Kelly wrote for MTV, the filmmaker addressed the music composed and performed by Arcade Fire for the movie. "On the night of September 20, 2007 - my producing partner Sean McKittrick and I went to see the now legendary Arcade Fire show at the Hollywood Bowl. My assistant Jeff Culotta (who has since been promoted to a production executive at Darko Entertainment) had arranged a meeting backstage with the band," he recalled.
He then revealed that he approached the rock band fronted by Win Butler and Regine Chassagne to do the music for the movie, and got a positive response the following day. "We ended up with more than 80 minutes of music that is as much a character in the film as Norma, Arthur or Arlington Steward," he went on explaining. "The music is in many ways the heart and soul of the picture."
"The Box" centers on Norma and Arthur Lewis, an ordinary suburban couple with financial problems. When a box mysteriously appears in their doorstep, the couple is presented with life-altering proposition of getting $1 million only with a press of a button that will kill another human being somewhere in the world. Having only 24 hours to decide, they find themselves in the crosshairs of a startling moral dilemma.
Based on the 1970 short story "Button, Button" by author Richard Matheson, the movie stars Cameron Diaz and Frank Langella in addition to Marsden and Jacobs. It will come out in theaters across the U.S. on November 6. A new poster for this horror movie has been unraveled by Empire.
Clip "You've Got Blood On Your Hands":
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush