Taylor Lautner: 'I Would Never Take My Shirt Off Again in a Movie'
Garnering more attention from the media ever since he bulked up in order to reprise his role as Jacob Black in "Twilight" sequel "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", Taylor Lautner has vowed to never appear shirtless in future film projects. He is quoted by Showbiz Spy as saying that he is afraid his muscular body will draw people's attention away from his acting skill, which is much more important than his physical appearance.
"I worked hard to get in shape for this role," Lautner explains. "My motivation was the movie and the fans, but I don't want to become known as just a body. If I had to choose, I would never take my shirt off again in a movie, but I guess that's not very realistic. I certainly won't be asking to do it, though."
Previously, Taylor Lautner told reporters at Teen Vogue's 7th Annual Young Hollywood party in L.A. that he actually feels uncomfortable with his muscular body. "It's so uncomfortable knowing that so many people are seeing pictures of me shirtless," so he said. "It's weird. It's kind of embarrassing."
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" is slated for November 20 U.S. release. Meanwhile, it is reported that the filming of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" has been completed. The next installment in the "Twilight Saga" film series will be released in U.S. theaters June 30 next year.
More Taylor Lautner News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch