Taylor Lautner: 'I Would Never Take My Shirt Off Again in a Movie'
Garnering more attention from the media ever since he bulked up in order to reprise his role as Jacob Black in "Twilight" sequel "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", Taylor Lautner has vowed to never appear shirtless in future film projects. He is quoted by Showbiz Spy as saying that he is afraid his muscular body will draw people's attention away from his acting skill, which is much more important than his physical appearance.
"I worked hard to get in shape for this role," Lautner explains. "My motivation was the movie and the fans, but I don't want to become known as just a body. If I had to choose, I would never take my shirt off again in a movie, but I guess that's not very realistic. I certainly won't be asking to do it, though."
Previously, Taylor Lautner told reporters at Teen Vogue's 7th Annual Young Hollywood party in L.A. that he actually feels uncomfortable with his muscular body. "It's so uncomfortable knowing that so many people are seeing pictures of me shirtless," so he said. "It's weird. It's kind of embarrassing."
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" is slated for November 20 U.S. release. Meanwhile, it is reported that the filming of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" has been completed. The next installment in the "Twilight Saga" film series will be released in U.S. theaters June 30 next year.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified