One Contestant Quits 'SYTYCD' Top 20
There has been a shuffle in the Top 20 line-up of "So You Think You Can Dance". Billy Bell, the contemporary dancer who advanced to the next round last week is not allowed to move on with the competition because of his illness. FOX, which announced Bell's departure, declined to reveal the health problem.
"We are disappointed that Billy cannot continue dancing in the competition on the advice of his doctor and wish him a speedy recovery," executive producer/judge Nigel Lythgoe was quoted as saying. Bell will be replaced by hip-hop dancer Brandon Dumlao immediately on Tuesday, October 27. "However, we are fortunate that Brandon Dumlao has agreed to return," Lythgoe added.
Bell's journey in the dancing competition may be short but he has made some impressions to those who have been closely watching the season. He was the contestant who accidentally took an elbow from his partner during audition. And, he was the dancer who made new permanent judge Adam Shankman cry during his solo performance.
The Top 20, consisting of 10 men and 10 women, will begin dancing live on the Tuesday episode. They will together perform a Jazz piece choreographed Wade Robson before then separated into six large groups. There will be no elimination.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'