One Contestant Quits 'SYTYCD' Top 20
There has been a shuffle in the Top 20 line-up of "So You Think You Can Dance". Billy Bell, the contemporary dancer who advanced to the next round last week is not allowed to move on with the competition because of his illness. FOX, which announced Bell's departure, declined to reveal the health problem.
"We are disappointed that Billy cannot continue dancing in the competition on the advice of his doctor and wish him a speedy recovery," executive producer/judge Nigel Lythgoe was quoted as saying. Bell will be replaced by hip-hop dancer Brandon Dumlao immediately on Tuesday, October 27. "However, we are fortunate that Brandon Dumlao has agreed to return," Lythgoe added.
Bell's journey in the dancing competition may be short but he has made some impressions to those who have been closely watching the season. He was the contestant who accidentally took an elbow from his partner during audition. And, he was the dancer who made new permanent judge Adam Shankman cry during his solo performance.
The Top 20, consisting of 10 men and 10 women, will begin dancing live on the Tuesday episode. They will together perform a Jazz piece choreographed Wade Robson before then separated into six large groups. There will be no elimination.
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled