Uncertainty Looms Around 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4'
Ever since Walt Disney Studios former Chairman Dick Cook took the D23's stage to announce "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", reports after reports have come in about the development of this fourth "Pirates" movie. But, during a press event for "Astro Boy", actor Bill Nighy told Sci Fi Wire that any announcement about the movie is premature.
"I understand that there was an announcement that there was going to be a fourth, and now I've been told since that that was not a reliable announcement," the actor who plays Davy Jones in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" said. Though so, he didn't completely rule out the possibility of a fourth film. "I'm pretty sure that there will be [a fourth]," he said. "I would be amazed if there weren't, given the success of the first three."
As for the chance of him reprising his role on the fourth film, the 59-year-old revealed that he is up for it should the filmmakers want him back. "I would love to be in it, because I had a wonderful time with those," he confessed. "They were great people, and those films are beloved, so it would be great to be in a fourth one."
So far, reports of "On Stranger Tides" suggested that the movie is eying a summer 2011 U.S. release. It will follow Jack Sparrow in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. He will team up with Captain Barbossa in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Director Gore Verbinski, the helmer of the first three "Pirates" movie, won't take on the directing job this time around.
Over the past month or so, words had been swirling that Johnny Depp may have a change of heart about his involvement after Cook was booted out of Disney. A representative for the mouse house has slammed the speculation though, stating that the Hollywood star will not be replaced in the fourth movie.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo