'Grey's Anatomy' 6.07: The Inoperable Tumor
Next week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy" will be born out of the creative mind of Chandra Wilson. The actress who portrays Dr. Miranda Bailey in the medical show made her directorial debut in this October 29 episode which is called "Give Peace a Chance".
When Isaac, the hospital lab tech, has an inoperable tumor wrapped around his spine, he turns to Dr. Derek Shepherd to do the impossible. Derek tests the Chief's authority when Richard objects to moving forward with the risky surgery.
Chandra Wilson is the first star of the show to take a role behind the lens. Back in July, it was reported that another actor also made a negotiation with the producers to direct an episode. The unnamed actor wanted more creative and personal freedom which may alter his or her contract.
Not only in real life, Wilson also gets a development in her character's personal department by getting a mother. The show is casting an actress to play Rachel, a very "tasteful, classy and smart" woman identified as Bailey's mother. She will appear as an ailing patient in a holiday episode.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake