Dr. Curt Connors Confirmed to Return for 'Spider-Man 4'
Another casting news came in for "Spider-Man 4" as Dylan Baker confirmed his return as Dr. Curt Connors. UGO reported that during a post-screening Q&A for "Trick 'r Treat" on October 21 press conference, the 50-year-old actor unveiled that "he had just gotten his first call" about him being on-board earlier on the day.
Rumors have been floating around on the possibility of The Lizard being one of the two villains in the movie, and Connors is known as the one who turns into that of Spider-Man's nemesis after trying to re-grow his amputated arm with reptilian DNA serum. Nonetheless, it is still unclear whether "Spider-Man 4" will indeed see Connors morphing into The Lizard as Baker joked that he'd be "just appearing in the background" like what he's done in the two previous installments.
Prior to the casting announcement, director Sam Raimi has opened up to MTV about the villains. "I love the Lizard," the filmmaker expressed his thoughts when responding to the poll result for the movie's desired baddies. "There's a great story there in the Marvel comic books about Dr. Connors. I'm less familiar with Carnage." He further explained that the selection of the villains will heavily dependent on how the villain will fit into the story arc of Peter Parker.
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. Tobey Maguire will return to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst will reprise her Mary Jane Watson role. Production may start in March 2010, Raimi suggested earlier. This fourth "Spider-Man" movie is expected to open wide in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal