Dr. Curt Connors Confirmed to Return for 'Spider-Man 4'
Another casting news came in for "Spider-Man 4" as Dylan Baker confirmed his return as Dr. Curt Connors. UGO reported that during a post-screening Q&A for "Trick 'r Treat" on October 21 press conference, the 50-year-old actor unveiled that "he had just gotten his first call" about him being on-board earlier on the day.
Rumors have been floating around on the possibility of The Lizard being one of the two villains in the movie, and Connors is known as the one who turns into that of Spider-Man's nemesis after trying to re-grow his amputated arm with reptilian DNA serum. Nonetheless, it is still unclear whether "Spider-Man 4" will indeed see Connors morphing into The Lizard as Baker joked that he'd be "just appearing in the background" like what he's done in the two previous installments.
Prior to the casting announcement, director Sam Raimi has opened up to MTV about the villains. "I love the Lizard," the filmmaker expressed his thoughts when responding to the poll result for the movie's desired baddies. "There's a great story there in the Marvel comic books about Dr. Connors. I'm less familiar with Carnage." He further explained that the selection of the villains will heavily dependent on how the villain will fit into the story arc of Peter Parker.
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. Tobey Maguire will return to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst will reprise her Mary Jane Watson role. Production may start in March 2010, Raimi suggested earlier. This fourth "Spider-Man" movie is expected to open wide in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama