Dr. Curt Connors Confirmed to Return for 'Spider-Man 4'
Another casting news came in for "Spider-Man 4" as Dylan Baker confirmed his return as Dr. Curt Connors. UGO reported that during a post-screening Q&A for "Trick 'r Treat" on October 21 press conference, the 50-year-old actor unveiled that "he had just gotten his first call" about him being on-board earlier on the day.
Rumors have been floating around on the possibility of The Lizard being one of the two villains in the movie, and Connors is known as the one who turns into that of Spider-Man's nemesis after trying to re-grow his amputated arm with reptilian DNA serum. Nonetheless, it is still unclear whether "Spider-Man 4" will indeed see Connors morphing into The Lizard as Baker joked that he'd be "just appearing in the background" like what he's done in the two previous installments.
Prior to the casting announcement, director Sam Raimi has opened up to MTV about the villains. "I love the Lizard," the filmmaker expressed his thoughts when responding to the poll result for the movie's desired baddies. "There's a great story there in the Marvel comic books about Dr. Connors. I'm less familiar with Carnage." He further explained that the selection of the villains will heavily dependent on how the villain will fit into the story arc of Peter Parker.
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. Tobey Maguire will return to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst will reprise her Mary Jane Watson role. Production may start in March 2010, Raimi suggested earlier. This fourth "Spider-Man" movie is expected to open wide in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!