'Kane and Lynch' to Start Filming in Early 2010
When exactly video game adaptation "Kane & Lynch" will fall into its production mode has been unraveled. In a recent interview, producer Adrian Askarieh gave Game Daily a scoop on the plan for the shooting saying, "Kane and Lynch will start filming in March of 2010."
The filmmaker further shared what he has in mind on the potential filming locations. "I think Kane & Lynch is going to be filming in a combination of South America, Europe and possibly Louisiana," he said, before adding, "but we haven't locked down our locations yet." He also confirmed that Bruce Willis will star as Kane and that the filmmakers are about to launch the search for Lynch.
Asked on what lured Willis to the video game adaptation, Askarieh gushed, "The script has been incredibly well-received around town." He continued, "After Bruce Willis read it, he called it one of the best action scripts he's ever read, and Bruce is an expert in terms of action scripts because he's read everything over the last 20 years."
As on whether the movie will follow the original game, he stated, "Well, it's going to have the basic premise. But the details for the movie are going to be different. It's not going to have every sequence from the game, but it's essentially the story of a mercenary teaming up with a schizophrenic psychopath to save his wife and daughter."
"Kane & Lynch" will be Lionsgate's feature adaptation of IO Interactive's shooter game. Simon Crane, the stunt coordinator for "Hancock" among other films, will make his directing debut using a script written by "Hitman 2" screenwriter Kyle Ward. No release date is set in stone just yet for this action movie.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences