Connections Between 'Spider-Man 4' and 'Venom' Addressed
"Spider-Man 4" is in development for 2011 target release, while "Venom (2010)" solo movie has got a thumb up to be made. The next question arising will be whether the two movies have a connection to each other. MTV has caught up with "Spider-Man" series director Sam Raimi and asked him about the issue.
"It hasn't come up to me," the 49-year-old responded when presented with a possibility of the two Marvel characters sharing a movie universe. "I think that the studio is just letting me work with the writers and trying to make the best stories possible for this universe," he added as referring to the fourth movie for the web-slinging superhero. "I don't know if Venom is a separate universe or not."
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. Tobey Maguire will return to star as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst will reprise her Mary Jane Watson role. Production may start in March 2010, Raimi suggested earlier. This fourth installment of "Spider-Man" is expected to open wide in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
Venom, in the meantime, was introduced to the fans in 2007's "Spider-Man 3" as Topher Grace portrayed the evil Spider-Man look-alike, humanly known as Eddie Brock. The solo movie for the sentient alien will be produced by Avi Arad and Marvel. Gary Ross is set to produce and rewrite the script with a possibility to direct. There is still no official announcement about the actors that will star in this spin-off to "Spider-Man 3" or whether Grace will reprise his role or not.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences