Angelina Jolie to Inflict Drama in 'Gucci'
Angelina Jolie is stepping closer to join the cast ensemble of "Gucci", Variety reported. Currently in talks with director Ridley Scott, the actress who won Academy Award for her part in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted" is likely to take on a female fatale role in the drama movie about the fashion design empire.
Should the deal go through, the 34-year-old is expected to play Patrizia Reggiano, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci who was sentenced to 29 years in jail for plotting Maurizio's murder. It will be her second major project with Fox 2000 since she is attached to portray beautiful and hard-charging medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta for the studio's adaptation to Patricia Cornwell's novel series, untitled Kay Scarpetta project.
Jolie is not the only big name in Hollywood linked to this drama project. Leonardo DiCaprio is reportedly being approached by Scott to portray Maurizio. Still, it should be noted that the co-star of Kate Winslet in "Revolutionary Road" is yet to be attached at this point.
"Gucci" will center on Maurizio and the turnaround he brought to the Gucci empire before he was murdered in front of his Milan apartment in 1995. The studio is looking forward to hire a scribe to rewrite the script in hopes that it will recapture the glamorous days of the Gucci family dynasty in the 1970s and '80s. A 2010 start date is planned for the film.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'