Angelina Jolie to Inflict Drama in 'Gucci'
Angelina Jolie is stepping closer to join the cast ensemble of "Gucci", Variety reported. Currently in talks with director Ridley Scott, the actress who won Academy Award for her part in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted" is likely to take on a female fatale role in the drama movie about the fashion design empire.
Should the deal go through, the 34-year-old is expected to play Patrizia Reggiano, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci who was sentenced to 29 years in jail for plotting Maurizio's murder. It will be her second major project with Fox 2000 since she is attached to portray beautiful and hard-charging medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta for the studio's adaptation to Patricia Cornwell's novel series, untitled Kay Scarpetta project.
Jolie is not the only big name in Hollywood linked to this drama project. Leonardo DiCaprio is reportedly being approached by Scott to portray Maurizio. Still, it should be noted that the co-star of Kate Winslet in "Revolutionary Road" is yet to be attached at this point.
"Gucci" will center on Maurizio and the turnaround he brought to the Gucci empire before he was murdered in front of his Milan apartment in 1995. The studio is looking forward to hire a scribe to rewrite the script in hopes that it will recapture the glamorous days of the Gucci family dynasty in the 1970s and '80s. A 2010 start date is planned for the film.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger