Mischa Barton Taking a Break From TV
Plucking an experience from the cancellation of "The Beautiful Life: TBL", Mischa Barton has a self-discovery that she is not made for TV. During an appearance at Whitney Museum of American Art Gala on Monday, October 19 night, the actress said that she should withdraw from the TV world.
"I think I need to back away from the whole TV approach," she told People. "That whole world of network television, probably isn't, for me, a good idea now. I need to start reading for more serious roles." In "TBL", Barton plays model Sonja Stone who makes a comeback to the fashion world after mysteriously disappearing for sometime.
Barton couldn't hide her disappointment toward the cancellation which only allowed 2 episodes to air. "We were really such a great show and the first two episodes were nothing," she told Access Hollywood at the same event. "We shot amazing, big episodes - episodes four, five and six - and it's stuff that no one will ever see."
"But they were unable to bring in an audience to it. It's like they've got two other franchises going on there at the same time, and we got swallowed up. It's more their loss, I think. It could've been I think a really, really cool show."
"The O.C." star admitted now that she is off the hook, she has lots of time to do exercises and enjoy quality time with some friends. One thing that she may not do imminently is taking new acting jobs. "It's too early to tell yet. I'm passing on all the [early] offers, because that's not the stuff you want to do. I want to go fight for interesting things and look for something that's going to be interesting for me," she revealed.
More Mischa Barton News
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist