NBC Creates 'The Biggest Loser' Spin-Off
NBC is attempting to touch Americans in a more personal way through "Losing It with Jillian". A companion series has been created for "The Biggest Loser" to visit families in need to change their unhealthy lifestyle. Trainer Jillian Michaels will travel the country to help people changing their diet and exercise habit.
The idea was born out of consideration that people may be skeptical about the TV show. "I hear all the time from people about 'Oh, it'd be so easy to do if I was on the ranch, if I had a personal gym,' " Michaels explained. "I got sick of hearing it. So we're telling people, we'll come to you and teach you how to be healthy."
The deal is, Michaels will stay for a while in the family's home and teach them about nutrition, fitness and wellness. Thus unlike "Biggest Loser" which focus is to shed pounds, "Losing It" will be concentrating more on the healthy lifestyle. In completing her task, Michaels will be assisted by Curtis Stone. The chef is responsible for preparing healthy meals for the participants and show them how.
"We all have the demands of work, family and school," Executive Producer Mark Koops said. "Here's a chance to show the rest of America how to live healthier lives." Production will set its wheel in motion starting December until Spring but there is no premiere date yet.
Families eligible to participate are the ones with kids 9 years old and above. In that case, Michaels said, "This show is very different. I'm not going to scream at a 10-year-old. You're going to see different aspects of my personality, and it's more about the big picture and not just being skinny."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign