Selena Gomez to Find Out 'What Boys Want'
Disney star Selena Gomez is likely to team up with New Line Cinema for her next big screen project. According to Variety, the actress known for her role as Alex Russo in TV series "Wizards of Waverly Place" is attached to topline New Line's forthcoming comedy "What Boys Want".
In the movie, 17-year-old leading actress Gomez will take on the role of a teenage girl who can hear what men are thinking. Before being attached to "What Boys Want", she has been cast to play Beezus Quimby in "Ramona and Beezus", the feature adaptation of children's novels by Beverly Cleary.
"What Boys Want" is a comedy pitch from "Step Up 3-D" screenwriters Amy Andelson and Emily Meyer. Kevin Misher is set to produce with Allen Fisher of Principato-Young and Gomez's mother, Mandy Teefey, as executive producers. No words on when the movie will start production or who will direct just yet.
Selena Gomez started her acting career starring in "Barney & Friends". Before being cast in "Wizards of Waverly Place", she has guest starred on "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" and "Hannah Montana". The best friend of singer/actress Demi Lovato has recently starred in made-for-TV movies, "Princess Protection Program" and "Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic