'Astro Boy' Lands in L.A. for Premiere
A week shy of its theatrical release, "Astro Boy" has got a red carpet treatment for its Los Angeles premiere. Held Monday, October 19, the special screening event took place at Mann Chinese 6 and was made merry with the attendance of a life-size Astro Boy to greet the stars upon their arrivals at the red carpet.
Three of the major voice cast, Freddie Highmore, Kristen Bell and Bill Nighy, were spotted attending the premiere and posing with the Astro Boy for the press. While Nicolas Cage who provides voice to Dr. Tenma wasn't seen around, other voice cast members like Eugene Levy, Madeline Carroll, Moises Arias and Sterling Beaumon were present.
Also coming to the special screening event were director David Bowers, producer Maryann Garger and Summit Entertainment's Co-Chairman/CEO Rob Friedman. Meanwhile, the guests joining the celebration included Koji Yakusho, the actor who voices original robot boy, and Macoto Tezuka, the son of "Astro Boy" creator.
An adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga, "Astro Boy" tells the story of a young robot with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. On a journey in search of acceptance, he finds himself returning to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero. This CG-animated film will open wide in U.S. theaters this Friday, October 23.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer