'Astro Boy' Lands in L.A. for Premiere
A week shy of its theatrical release, "Astro Boy" has got a red carpet treatment for its Los Angeles premiere. Held Monday, October 19, the special screening event took place at Mann Chinese 6 and was made merry with the attendance of a life-size Astro Boy to greet the stars upon their arrivals at the red carpet.
Three of the major voice cast, Freddie Highmore, Kristen Bell and Bill Nighy, were spotted attending the premiere and posing with the Astro Boy for the press. While Nicolas Cage who provides voice to Dr. Tenma wasn't seen around, other voice cast members like Eugene Levy, Madeline Carroll, Moises Arias and Sterling Beaumon were present.
Also coming to the special screening event were director David Bowers, producer Maryann Garger and Summit Entertainment's Co-Chairman/CEO Rob Friedman. Meanwhile, the guests joining the celebration included Koji Yakusho, the actor who voices original robot boy, and Macoto Tezuka, the son of "Astro Boy" creator.
An adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga, "Astro Boy" tells the story of a young robot with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. On a journey in search of acceptance, he finds himself returning to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero. This CG-animated film will open wide in U.S. theaters this Friday, October 23.
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!